.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, January 07, 2013

Well, ain't this a bitch...

...I woke up with a sore throat yesterday and I thought it was just the start of a cold with a cough. Today, the headache, body aches, fever and the extreme sore throat were kicking in as I listened to the news. They were reporting a "rampant flu" that seems to be going around. I had every single one of the symptoms. (I didn't mention the fatigue, I just assumed that was from my new meds.)

I'd rather have 2 broken legs than a flu. Pain above the neck is the worst...the sore throat and headache are kicking my ass. This is so bad that it would be worth the trip to Montana to cough in my ex's face. But, once I did that, I'd be stuck in a state that doesn't really do anything for me so I guess I'll just let him off the hook this time.

If one more person tells me this is from being outside while it was cold and raining, I'll blow viri straight at them. You don't get sick from being wet and cold, you get sick from a micro-organism. I don't know who gave this flu to me but if anyone in Florida irritates me, I'll stand my ground and cough at them.

Before I got sick, I had a good day that I want to tell you about but right now I have to go to an appointment so I'll have to save it for later.

For now, just know that I'm safe...contagious...but safe.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tundra Woman said...

While having the flu is a PITA, considering the medical stuff you've survived I'm sure you'll be OK-eventually ;) Thanks for checking in; hoping you're out of the cockroach motel and feeling otherwise better.
Hang in, Meg. You know you've got a bunch of people supporting you even if you can't "see" us. You'd be more than welcome here but Little One, you'd freeze to death! Not to mention geographically isolated and medical care, well....not so good.
"One foot in font of the other"-sounds like that's exactly what you're doin'. AND-taking your meds, right?
TW

January 07, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Yep, one step at a time. I just got back from picking up my meds. I ran out Friday too late to get them...I didn't know that the place I had to use was only open during banker's hours. I went the weekend without them, didn't like that! All I had to get by was xanax which worked but is NOT what I NEED to be taking.

And you ARE right, the flu is nothing compared to any number of things I've survived that I wasn't supposed to survive. In June of '05 they gave me 6 months to live. They lied.

January 07, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Oops, I meant June of '04!!! I seem to be surprising a few docs!

January 07, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did that psycho let you take your dog? Kyle from Knoxville.

January 07, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

No. He wouldn't let me take the dog. I had to walk away while I was still able to. The cops said I'd have to sue him to get the dog back.

January 07, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home