.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

When you're in the throes of a deep, deep depression...

...and I chose the word "throes" quite thoughtfully, purposefully and economically (verbally speaking), it is precisely the word that describes the level of depression that I was experiencing...you sort of lose your perspective. I don't know why, I can't explain it and I don't even want to, just take my word for it...I totally lost my perspective.

Because of that phenomenon, I missed a few clues that should have told me that I had more support than I thought I had. I think the problem was that I wasn't getting the support I needed from the sources upon which I had depended and counted. Because of that, I missed the support being offered from others who do care about me. I haven't been online much lately (I'll explain that later) but when I signed on today I saw that after I had made some comments on Facebook, quite a few people direct messaged me their phone numbers. Since I was seeking support from elsewhere, I didn't even notice, appreciate or acknowledge the support being offered to me. The simple act of sending me the their numbers was actually an offer of friendship, assistance and comfort. It may sound silly and selfish (perhaps it is) but those offerings totally went over my head.

To the people who sent me numbers, emailed me or otherwise made attempts to buttress my psyche, thank you. I'm sorry that I didn't call but, as I said, my perspective has been rather askew as of late. I'll be in touch soon. Right now I'm going to kick back for a bit then I'll be spilling my guts about something. I hope to be able to do it tonight but if not, I'll do it tomorrow. I have to be somewhere at 9 AM but if I don't get to it tonight, I'll make the next post a top priority because it is rather important.

:):):)




http://www.blogdash.com/full_profile/?claim_code=62061b7aa7043a9127a075c6103e4491

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't owe any body shit but to get to a better place. The place in the space between your ears, not to the other better place.

January 01, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

LMAO, I had to read that a few times to be sure it wasn't a cut...which, of course, would never come from you. Perspective, ya know.

:)

January 01, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am wounded. Ahhh.
Not so much.
I hope..I was going to say I hope you get your shit together but you are OK.
It's living in douchlandia that you need help with.

January 01, 2013  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Xactly.

January 01, 2013  
Blogger Tundra Woman said...

Been there. Hear ya. Yep, it's insidious and how easy it is to "miss" those "clues." FWIW, I missed 'em too. Screwed up thyroids mess with your mind as well as your body. It all seemed quite logical at the time and no one knew about my "plan" or had any idea about my "idea" either. The only reason it didn't work is because for once, even the weather wouldn't "cooperate" with my planned "accident." Yeesch.
Please take care of ((((Ms. Meggers.))))
TW

January 03, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home