.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Meg...

...Wow... that is unbelievable. I wonder if they need your signiture with the new electronic filing services.I would definately put in a call to the IRS as soon as you can and let them know that you did not approve of the return filed in your name.

Yes, they do need your signature, they had sent me the "Signature Authorization" to sign instead of the actual return. I never signed it, they assumed or hoped or didn't care if I did. Vex and his lawyer and the tax dude didn't want me to see the return. If they weren't complicit in this, it is one helluva coincidence that the separation agreement tap danced around the entire subject, while the mediator's agreement was worded properly, that is if Vex had been telling the truth instead of lying. The return had already been filed before I even got there to ask to see the return. The guy truly freaked when I came in and asked to see it, you should have seen him, he was almost hyper-ventilating.

Not only am I going to call the IRS, I am going to call the Georgia Bar Association, the boss of the tax dude and the head of the company. I have already written to news outlets. Now, what will it take to get my divorce on the terms I agreed to?

Ruh Roh Raggy.......me thinks Vex may be getting audited in the near future!!! I would so file a complaint on the H&R Block with the Office of the Attorney General, the BBB and the IRS!! Take it to the evening news too!!

Oh, for sure, I hadn't thought of the BBB yet, but if you can think of anyone else to call, let me know...this is about as nasty a thing to do in a divorce. He signed a paper stating the amount of his refund and where to send it. (I have the copies) He KNEW he had the refund and NO LIABILITY and he signed papers saying the opposite, tsk, tsk, tsk. And...I have a few other things I could mention to the IRS. I was going to leave it alone, but suffice it to say, at least 10 years of his returns need to be looked into. Every year, he went to H&R Block and just brought me a return to sign...they prepared them. I didn't work piece work for years at $25 a job, 4-10 jobs a night for years at a second, under the table job. He also liquidated the IRA and savings accounts so he appears to be penniless. The lies are endless, one weekend soon, I will list them all for you.

Meg,By filing taxes without your approval, Vex has screwed himself. It's considered identity theft in 50 states. Here is what the IRS has to say: http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=136324,00.html


Thanks Mandi! She is right! I checked it out and if you want to, go to that link, this WAS identity theft! Yes, girl, it WAS a help!

My sister works for the IRS here in Atl. Call the IRS and report them NOW!You may need to meet with them to give a written statement.Cover your ass.

I certainly shall! Gib, could you call me and see if I could go straight to your sister? It would make it easier for me and I would truly appreciate it. I may go down today, I will certainly start with the phone calls when businesses open.

When we entered mediation, Vex immediately started talking about the tax return and how he needed to file jointly so "we" wouldn't "owe" the IRS any more money. We never owed them ANY money! I don't know how long he has been taking the refunds telling me we owe the IRS and they took our refund. I had no reason to doubt him, I didn't realize that he was screwing around and needed all the cash he could get his hands on. I doubt I can ever get THAT money back, but I am going to get it this year.

So, today, I am going to share this information with as many people as I can and then I will let you know what happens. I am also expecting a call from my attorney. I can't wait to see what he has to say.

Back soon!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home