.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, June 25, 2005

I'm also upset because my brilliantly composed reply was dumped out with the rest of the rubbish. You didn't have to flush *everything*, you know, including your own legitimate post.I can't think of a single way to squash readership faster than arbitrary censorship. Good, bad and ugly, you are going to get them because you are popular. You're a good writer. Maybe turning comments off altogether and then installing a hit counter would better suit your needs, I dunno.

That was and will be the only post that ever gets taken down and that was because of the inherent nature of the ladies concern. Nasty comments would contribute to her feelings and I did not want to give those yahoos an opportunity to make her feel worse. I am going to regroup and answer her concern in another post and in a way that no one is made to feel badly. :) Then, if someone wants to comment, it won't look as though they are speaking TO her in any way, shape or form.

They don’t bother me. It takes a few minutes but I just delete them...I hate to do that because it does appear to be arbitrary but it isn’t. If they were just someone disagreeing with me, I wouldn’t mind. But I don’t want anyone to use it as a place to offend anyone else from. I am not going to let them control anything I do...I certainly am not going to stop comments all together, I like the normal discourse. Thank you for the kind words. The months of obscurity in which I have written so far have taught me what a legitimate "nasty comment" looks like. Actually, as Guy could tell you, there never have been many at all.

Now...I have been searching for comments regarding any warnings that people may have made regarding television, comments made at the time they created TV....not anything in the past 50 years. I’m not having a very good time of it, I can’t seem to find anything just using the obvious words...is there anyone out there who can? I’m looking for any cautionary commentary regarding television at the time it was introduced. If you find some, e-mail them to me at meg.kelso@gmail.com.

Thanks.

See ya,

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home