.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Meg...

...I laughed out loud when I read your essay on farting. You reminded me of a quote I read once. It's reported that when the Germans demanded his surrender, the commanding officer of the 101 Airborne Division in the Battle of the Bulge responded "Nuts." When he heard this, General Patton said, "Such an eloquent man deserves to be rescued." When I read your essay on farting, I thought that such an eloquent woman deserves to have the man of her dreams.

LOLOLOL....that cracked me up. The Commander to whom you refer was Tony McAulliffe and my father served under him! He was the Assistant Commander of the 101rst when my father was at Fort Campbell.

Yes, farting can most assuredly be a humorous topic...even if you are NOT a 13 year old boy as Mel Brooks showed us in the movie Blazing Saddles. Did you know that when they aired that movie on cable...they took out the sound during the fart around the campfire scene? One of the funniest movie scenes EVER filmed, and they bleeped the farts out. The wonderful Mr. Brooks thought so much of flatulence and the humor that it invokes that he named the Governor in that movie LaPetamine (SP?) after a famous Broadway performer who had the amazing ability to fart the Star Spangled Banner on stage. I can imagine the audition...talk about your fart-a-ramas. Who’d have thunk that I would be called “eloquent” for my reflections on farts?

My ex’s wife has been reading my blog. Talk about Dr. Heckle and Mrs. Hyde...her demeanor toward me is always based on the happiness of her marriage. When she and Mark are in an argument, she’s as sweet as a normal person. When they are in a temporary lull of happiness, I am the evil ex.

They must be having a bit of a spat today. In a comment, she “threatened” to call the Sun-Times and tell them that last year, I called her husband and asked to meet with him alone. That’s true, I did. I wanted to tell him that I had cancer and see if we could tell the kids together. I should have known that he wouldn’t agree, but it never occurred to me that either he or she would think that I had any other motives.

And, by the way, Big D...if you’d like to call the Sun-Times, here’s the number:

312-595-1951

I’m just not sure who to tell you to ask for. I sure would love to listen to that conversation... “My husbands’ ex wife called him to discuss their children!” I find it fascinating that she felt the need to comment to the one post where I made it perfectly clear that she couldn’t annoy me.

Someone asked me if I had a PayPal account and I do, I just lost it. Does anyone know how to re-access that sucker? I’ll try, but I fear that I will not be able to do it.

Well, my doctor’s office just called and they want to change tomorrow’s appointment. One of the possibilities is today at 11 so I want to see if I can make it.

See ya soon!

Meg

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Meg - I wrote a post about farting, inspired by you. :)

June 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home