.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Good morning!

I went to the Cubs game at Turner Field last night and I ended up leaving before the first inning was over because, for some odd reason, they have decided to make Turner Field a large pinball machine. At first, I thought that all the noise and lights going all the way around the stadium would stop once the game started but I quickly realized that the only time they shup up was while the batter was up. After the at bat, the music and lights started again. God forbid the Braves got a hit, the music became more raucous and the lights more distracting.

Wrigley Field hosts the Chicago Cubs, a team that has a tough time staying above .500. Everyone knows that the Cubs are the Lovable Losers but they sell out almost every single game. It has nothing to do with whether or not the Cubs lose or win, it's because at Wrigley Field is a BALLPARK. Nothing more, nothing less. The scoreboard has a kid inside of it that changes the scores by hand, he just changes a big 1 for a big 2. Nothing fancy at all, that scoreboard has been there for as long as I can remember and I can remember over 40 years back. There is an organ that plays Take me out to the Ballpark but it isn't very loud, it's actually kind of pleasant. Except for the lights that they installed in 1988, nothing has changed. You can sit peacefully and enjoy America's Past-time without a headache and without any distractions.

I've been to Turner Field every year since I've moved here and I don't ever remember this crap being there before. So, what happened? Did someone complain that the ball games were too quiet? Anyway, I won't be going back to Turner Field unless one of my children becomes a baseball player, you have my word on that.

I was speaking to this guy the oher day, he's married and he was kind of hitting on me. I knew he was married and I asked him why he would do that. He started to complain about his wife and I finally stopped him and asked him if he ever told his wife the things he was telling me. He said, "No, she would just cry and bitch back at me."

Jeez, is that true, guys? Are you out there complaining about your wife to other women without ever giving your wife a chance to make you happy? Vex never told me there was anything wrong. To the contrary, he constantly told me how happy he was. If he would have ever sat down and said, "Here is what's bothering me...", I would have done my best to make him happy but he never gave me that respect.

Some men cheat because of problems that are happening at home and some men cheat just because they are cheaters. You can't really do much with a cheater, but if you are considering cheating because of something going on at home, go home and discuss it with your wife. If you do, you may be surprised. Of course, you may be disappointed, but you haven't lost anything. It is always the honorable thing to do, if you don't at least give your wife a chance to make it up to you, you are not an honorable man.

Well, my father is here and he likes to talk, and talk, and talk....so I have to go listen.

I'll be back when he takes a breather.

See ya!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home