.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

When you’re a very, very good girl...

....you wake up early on Sunday mornings. On Sunday mornings there is nothing on television. On this particular Sunday, there isn’t even the usual political crap because there is either a gigantic hurricane of catastrophic proportions bearing down on New Orleans or the news people are hyping it all up for nothing. It’s kinda hard to tell with those guys but some people seem to think it could be pretty bad Of course, they don’t tend to put the nay Sayers on television, do they? If your advice is one of calm and reason, chances are you won’t be interviewed by the major news outlets.

There is one new guy covering this hurricane, I don't know who he is but he is rather young. I saw him on FoxNews this morning and his hair is kind of wild and already looks like the huricane has hit his head. I noticed that he had sideburns too, Elvis like sideburns. Apparently, the youngest of the veiwers are having their influence.

It appears as thought the only effect the hurricane will have on me is a bunch of rain that the dog will track in because he has to go outside occasionally and I hate that. But he is used to sitting on a towel and letting me wipe his big stupid feet off so that’s not too bad. After I assessed that situation and made the necessary preparations, (I fed the dog and let him out.) I flipped channels and thought I had found a comedian. I was thinking how nice and clean he was when all of a sudden, he made a God joke and I realized that he was a comedian for Christ and you can buy his tapes so that you can “connect” with his ass. At first I pondered about the fact that my tastes had degraded to such a point...but it’s Sunday morning so I cut myself some slack. At least I’m awake and moving about. I could be hung over and sick until tomorrow morning. But anyway, I listened to the commercials for the tapes and I was a little surprised.

Then, I considered who the audience was that they were talking to and I figured that they had been desensitized to the crass nature of those Salvation for a Price preachers. It also occurred to me that if a person had a little bit of a brain and a huge lack of morals, there would be a lot of money to be made out there. No wonder there are so many of these guys going to prison, organized religion is about as money corrupted as is politics. I could get annoyed about that but I’m not in the mood.

I woke up this morning and there was a mess in the kitchen that I didn’t make. After doing a forensic examination of the scene, I figured out that my son must have come by, watched television in the living room, cooked himself some food and used the cpmuter in the kitchen and did it all with a few feet of me and never woke me up one little bit. That’s a freaky feeling, isn’t it? People can conduct the activities of daily living all around me and I am totally asleep.

Well, I’d like to have some fun today...I bet people are doing that some where...I’d like to do something fun too. I’ll take any ideas that you may have but you have to let me know in time to do it today...Sunday. My left hand middle finger is swollen and hurts when I bend it...I will have to ask my son what, if anything, he knows about that. You would think that I would remember doing something that could cause so much pain.

Well, I can always go to the Battlefield, that’s pretty cool with the dog...I meet a bunch of people walking around that thing. But that dog can take me down with one good lunge so I am a little nervous about taking him out too far into nature. The other day I had the dog in the car when I went to PetSmart and I saw a sign that said, “Why leave him in the car? Bring your leashed pet inside!” So...I did. And he crapped on the floor. I don’t know why, he doesn’t usually do such things but he was acting a bit nervous the whole time we were in the store. Of course, he could have just been trying to tell me that he had to go outside. Anyway, I won’t be taking him back to PetSmart. He is a huge dog so everybody would remember him and his mess.

Anyway, I’m going to do something else, I don’t know what...but I will think of something.

See ya,

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home