.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

The unidentified raccoon has struck again...

...and I had to clean that mess up by myself. It wasn’t there when I was outside without any pants on so it must have happened after the sun came up.

My son irritated the heck out of me today. I know that’s his job, but he doesn’t have to do it so well. He actually bitched that the kitchen was a mess. Can you BELIEVE that? I have no husband, I’ll be damned if I’m gonna be scolded by my own kid.

And what nerve he has anyway. So I had a few dirty dishes in my sink. That kid has a TRANSMISSION in his bedroom!

I’ve got half a mind to take a piece of that tranny and hide it. Let him wonder why it won’t work.

Other than my kid being a nit wit, my day is going along pretty well. Oh yeah, the no pants thing wasn’t good, but it didn’t have any legal repercussions so I’m fine with it. I just won’t go outside without pants on anymore.

My mother used to run errands in her jammies. One day I forgot my lunch money and she brought it to school wearing a nightgown that hung out of her coat, my father’s socks and her slippers. When she walked in, I was devastated. Somebody asked me if that was my mother and I said, “Oh no. She’s a poor lady that my mother pays to run errands for her.”

To this day I have guilt feelings for denying her but I was only 12 and that’s an age when most kids are pretty much humiliated 23 hours a day.

My mother always did odd things to make me feel uncomfortable, but I guess all mothers do. She had a photographer come to our house whenever she had another baby and being the good Irish woman that she was, she did that quite often. I hated those stupid sessions. Being the oldest, I always had to hold the new baby. One of those babies was an ugly little alien looking thing. He looked like a frog. My father actually gave him the moniker Freddy the Frog. For some reason, my dad gave all of us these demeaning little appellations when we were born. They were mainly used as tools in our verbal arsenals. I tried to steer clear of that particular bicker theme because I’m Peggy the Pig.

Anyway, I didn’t want to hold Freddy the Frog. He was ugly. But I had to. Mother made me. But...she couldn’t make me smile. A mother can only be so forceful when there’s a man with a camera in the room. So, that year, there’s a bunch of pictures of me pouting as I’m holding this unsightly infant in my arms.

What a brat.

A guy friend of mine just left. He’s a very sweet guy and he’s absolutely no more than a friend but he is a guy. He just came over to hang out for a while and that was nice. But, he’s not the man that I wanted here and I felt guilty with him in my house. As rotten as I felt all evening, I can’t imagine how people can live with themselves when they cheat on someone.

I think it’s easier to live with being cheated on than to be the one doing the cheating. Well, maybe not for everybody, but for me, it would be.

We watched a movie and when it was over, I literally told him that he had to leave. I told him why and he was cool with it. When I think of everything Rick did, I understand why he had to put it all back on me. You can’t cheat on a person and feel good about yourself unless you come up with some lame reason why the other person deserves it. And then, I guess you have to convince yourself that you’re right to do what you’re doing. Of course, there is no good reason to do that to another person so I guess you have to be a total creep to pull it off.

The more I think about it, the better I feel about losing that jack ass. I have a feeling that I’m going to think that more and more often as I enjoy my life. Cool.

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home