.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Good morning!

I woke up to the news on my television and I heard that they were still keeping the Israeli Prime Minister in a coma to try to save his life. That’s not because he had any hope, it’s because his family begged the doctors to do it since he was “such an important man”. After a massive stroke, and that’s the term they used, there isn’t much left to keep alive. The doctors were ready to declare him dead the first day.

They wouldn’t have ever made that decision unless they knew for sure that the stroke had left this man in such a devastating state that there would be no quality of life at all for the man. But since he was so important, they decided to “do everything humanly possible” to keep him alive.

It’s odd how just a few months ago we were listening to the arguments as to why Terri Schaivo should be allowed to die. I don’t know the answers to these questions anymore than the doctors do but I do know that there are people like Mrs. Schaivo all over the place that are being cared for by family members and nursing home staff. But because her ex husband said that she made some offhand comment about not wanting to be a vegetable, they just let that particular woman die. It’s a shame that she wasn’t more “important”.

We’ll never know for sure what that lady wanted but I would be willing to wager quite a few bucks that she wouldn’t have wanted her husband to make any life or death decisions for her after he had moved on with his life and started a family with another woman. I feel pretty confident saying that. But, if there are any women out there who think that they would want their husbands to make that decision after he had moved on to another woman, let me know.

I sure wouldn’t want any of my ex’s to make those types of decisions for me. Especially considering that I’m still getting hang up phone calls and emails from my ex’s nutty wife. She seems to be quite obsessed with me and I don’t get that at all. I haven’t seen that woman more than once in the past 10 years and yet she is still overly concerned with me and my life. I couldn’t imagine being so obsessed with my husband’s ex and leading a happy life at the same time. So, I guess I should feel sorry for her but she’s still trying to manipulate my kids something awful so I just feel a bit of anger but I know that sooner or later, the kids will be able to see her for the nut that she is if they haven’t already. I don’t discuss her with my kids, I prefer to let them enjoy speaking to me without fear of me putting them in the middle of this nasty situation.

There was a time when I wasn’t as grown up about these things and I did say some awful things but I saw the pain it caused my son and I never did it again. It’s not worth hurting my kids over. Besides, there’s something very satisfying about knowing that the nutcase is out there, still annoyed and still dwelling on the past...I couldn’t feel that way unless I had just given up on those old feelings and moved on.

I heard someone say that the absence of love is indifference, not hatred. So, as long as my ex and his wife continue to be incredibly concerned with me and what’s going on in my life, I know that he isn’t over our marriage and she is miserable.

Oh, my new phone has a nice feature that I use whenever they call here. I can push a button and the phone stops ringing but it doesn’t turn the ringer off. It just stops that one call from ringing. I like that. I used to turn the ringer off and then forget to turn it back on so this is good.

I have to go to the doctor again today so I need to take my doctor bath in case he asks me to disrobe at all. I hate that. I never know what I’ll be taking off, if anything, but I have to be ready to take everything off just in case. I’ve heard horror stories about some patients who come in not quite ready for disrobing and I’d hate to be the subject of that conversation so I’m going to be squeaky clean everywhere.

Oh, by the way, if you guys remember the lady who's hubby was playing at another woman's house down the street and eventually left the wife and married the other woman before the divorce was final, you should know that there will be some fireworks in Alabama regarding that situation. I haven't gotten the go ahead to tell you about it yet but when I do, I'll be sure to let you know what's going on with that one.

Have a good day!

See ya,

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home