.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, April 03, 2006

OK, I'm back...

...from community service. I have a few more days and 6 hours a day and then I'll be done. Today wasn't really like work because the first Monday of the month is the day that people drop off stuff for the Thrift Shop.

A man came in and dropped of a bunch of large boxes of woman's clothing. He said that she had died. The lady I was working with said that she's been doing it long enough to recognize a man who was dropping off all of his girlfriends clothes post break-up. Personally, I don't know one way or another. But, if she's right, this guys dropped off some angry chick's entire wardrobe. There was nothing in the boxes that was business casual, everything was either plain old casual daywear or "out on the town" wear. It was some really, really nice stuff.

It was expensive as well. I couldn't imagine having the time to buy all of those clothes even if I did have the money to buy them. It must be nice to spend your life shopping.

The first thing the lady I was working with did was call everyone in the building that might be a size 12 thru 16. She was saying, "Girl, you've got to get down here and look at this stuff! It's all so hot! Victoria's Secret lingerie and a bunch of nice, nice stuff!"

So, within minutes, every woman in the place that wore a 12 thru 16 was down in the Thrift Shop, picking out clothes and accessories that might fit them. It was like a bunch of women in a free for all shopping spree. Thank God none of the stuff fit me...I would have had to make an ethical decision that I'd rather not be forced to make. I am wearing clothes that don't fit and there's no prospect of me being able to afford clothes in the foreseeable future. It would have been a tough one for me...I could have justified it by saying that, "Everyone else was doing it and I AM needy...and besides, if I don't take them, someone else would."

The woman who's clothes we were sorting must have been very proud of her boobs, all of the tops had plunging necklines and if I had put one of those tops on, I would have fallen out the neckline.

Anyway, I'm done for the day and glad to be home. I'm hungry and tired so I'm making a pot of coffee. I'll eat and suck coffee for a little while and then I'll be back.

See ya!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home