.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I spoke to the married bum...

...and we're "going out" tomorrow night for my birthday since I don't want to blow my real birthday over this stuff. When I spoke to him, I told him that I've been getting a bunch of hang up calls (which is true, but they have nothing to do with him). Tomorrow the calls are going to get worse and by the time he gets to my house, his wife will be "calling me".

I just got my new phone books for the year. The front of the Yellow Page book has something that I've never seen before. It has a warning. The warning actually says, "Please do not use this directory while operating a moving vehicle."

Is this a big problem? Why haven't I heard about it in the news? I didn't realize that people were causing accidents while they were looking up phone numbers instead of paying attention to the road. My dictionary has no such warning, is it OK to use THAT while operating a moving vehicle? There's no such warning on lipstick and that's where we really need a warning. Far too many women are applying make up as they drive and I think that I'm going to start a group against that.

I'll call it WAWAMUWOM...Women Against Women Applying Make Up While Operating Moving vehicles. The bumper stickers will be pretty big but that's OK, we need to catch the attention of the offending women.

The first goal of WAWAMUWOM will be to ensure that all cosmetics contain a warning label presaging the potential dangers of application during operation of moving vehicles.

Then, we'll be pushing for harsher penalties for those women caught violating the first tenet of making up application...the one that says, "Thou shall not beautify one's face whilst thee is operating a moving vehicle." Please notice that sex is not mentioned in the tenet, so men are to be held to the same beautification principles as women.

If you would like to be a member of WAWAMUWOM, just send me a $100 one time only membership fee. You'll receive your membership card and one of those big ass bumper stickers.

In the meantime, just do your best to spread the message.

OK then, now I've bored myself. I'm going to clean my house...I feel like going on one of those all night cleaning binges. I only have one load of laundry to do, the bed is made with fresh linens (I needed to change the bed after my friend "visited" the other night) so all I have left to do is dust and clean out drawers. I'm thinking about getting a roommate again. My son is finally moving most of his stuff out so I can rent out his room. I need to decide whether to rent out a room for a set amount every week or month, or if I should "share" the house and split the bills down the middle.

If I could find the right person, I could rent out the room in exchange for yard work and chauffeur services. That'd be cool, wouldn't it? I could work whatever shift I wanted to work. Yeah, that's starting to sound like a good idea. I think I'll try that.

Meg

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your looking for a roommate? How about emailing me.
dixiebelle1990@hotmail.com

June 27, 2006  
Blogger Karin's Korner said...

Meg,
You are looking for a roommate, or housemate?? Wow, what fun we could have. But, I am sure that my husband does not want me to move from NC or leave him so I will have to pass. I was just sitting here at work thinking "Now, that would be fun". Good Luck to you.

June 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home