.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, June 26, 2006

I've been paying attention...

...most men are ticklish in between their butt cheeks. Not really sure why...just something that I have grown aware of.

I made mental notes of some things that happned to me today. I don't usually do such things but so many bad things were happening, I just had to take notes. I couldn't believe the run of luck I've had today. First of all, my telephone doesn't work. The phone company dude came to my door shortly after I noticed that it didn't work and he said that it was a result of the downed tree from Saturday evening. He explained why, but I didn't understand what he was talking about.

Then, I fell asleep in my recliner and awoke with a crick in my neck. Is "crick" even a word?

My kitchen sink has a slow leak, most of the time. This afternoon it developed into a large leak. The good news is, there was a bucket under the sink. The bad news is that, without thinking, I emptied the bucket back into the sink. This time there wasn't a bucket under there.

I forgot it was Monday. I thought all day that it was Sunday which explained why I couldn't find Judge Judy earlier. I sat on my glasses, actually breaking the screw that holds the left lens in the frame. I over boiled a hard-boiled egg that I was making for a Chef's salad. I actually BURNED a hard-boiled egg.

While flipping a potato pancake, I splashed oil all over the stove-top and the one remaining, functioning burner. Doing the dishes, I put a bowl into another bowl when they were both under hot water so it formed a vacuum. I spent at least 10 minutes getting those bowls apart...my son even gave it a try but couldn't do it. I knocked over the sugar bowl, which rolled...getting sugar all over the counter AND the kitchen floor. I had bare feet.

I washed the floor a few times since it rained and the dogs kept making muddy paw prints all over the floor. I noticed a bunch of itchy bug bites on the area in between the top of my socks and the bottom of my capri's...that I was wearing yesterday while I was trimming the hedges.

Then, just a little while ago, I dropped the top of the toothpaste down the bathroom sink hole. But, luckily, the sink is slow to drain so I just had to let it back up until the top of the toothpaste floated up. So, all in all, it was a pretty good day!

Meg

PS The toothpatse thing reminds me of something that happened when I was about 9 or 10. One morning I was watching my father shave and all of that stuff. When he put the lid back on the toothpaste I said, "So YOU'RE the one who keeps putting that thing back on the tube!"

He didn't see the humor in my little joke.

OH!!!! I almost forgot, today is Kathy Hornburg's birthday. I went to second grade with her. I don't know where she is now but I remember her birthday...it's 3 days before mine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home