.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Meg...

"...It isn't safe now-a-days to let kids play outside unsupervised. Kids are grabbed right out of their yards, and while riding their bikes..."

You forget that mothers were all at home back then and there was always one sitting in their driveway with an RC Cola bottle in one hand and a Parliament in the other. We were never far from a house we could run to and we traveled in packs.

There was a little girl who was kidnapped and murdered when I was 5...so it wasn't unheard of. But, the community was tight and all the parents watched all the kids.

I guess it is a bit like Huckleberry Finn in that it was obviously a long, long time ago. But it was nice and kids entertained themselves. Even when we were in the house, we played games and did stuff. I played enough Battleship to win a real war. We made up secret hand languages that only we knew, we had hand signs for every letter of the alphabet and a bunch of words so we spent a lot of time on that. My point wasn't so much that we were running wild in the streets, it was that we made our own fun because if we didn't, there wasn't anything to do. And, as I said earlier, there was always a wall to wash for an idle child who couldn't think of something to do. Hell, I could spend half a day sitting in the backyard grass looking for 4 leaf clovers.

"...Oh my! Meg just called JQ75 a nit wit!.."

I call everyone a nit wit. That's because when one is as intelligent as I am, everybody else IS a nit wit. It's a burden I have to bear.

"...So you want my ass. Meg, I'm blushing. LOL..."

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back, I haven't had any ass in a very, very long time. Cyber ass is the best I can do. The sad part is that I really don't care, I just want to save up a bunch of money and have some fun with it. That's why I'm going to Europe. Now, once I get there, I do hope to find some French ass.

"...She has a cell for emergencies but she keeps it safely tucked away at home so no one calls her..."

The cell phone is for when I'm driving you, nit wit...I took a plane here. I doubt the cell phone would have helped me if the plane was going down. Who would I call? I don't have Superman's number.

"...I love telling my son about B&W and 3 channels. I guess you didn't know what you were missing..."

I knew what I was missing after I saw a friend's color TV. I watched The Flintstones and I had never seen anything so pretty as the night blue sky on that cartoon. We got a new TV once and as my father was taking it out of the box, I asked if it was a color TV. He said that it was but when he turned it on it was in black and white...I said, "I thought you said it was a color TV?" He responded, "It is, it's brown." Needless to say, I was quite disappointed. That man didn't spend the cash for a color TV until they pretty much stopped making console black and whites.

Well, I'm going home tomorrow. My work here is nowhere near done but I think I've explained to my father that Jean isn't TRYING to make him nuts, she just doesn't know any better. He thinks you can teach an Alzheimer's patient something...but you can't. There is no ability to learn. He has to get help with her, he can't give her a bath and she needs one every so often. She wouldn't take one herself so someone has to come in and do that for him. I'm sure that she can afford that much.

I'll be flying home tomorrow at about 11 AM. My plane gets to Atlanta at about 1 PM so I may have time to take a short nap before I go to work. I'd love to take a nap right now but the last day that I'm here I always clean the house...which is such fun for me.

See ya later!

Meg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home