.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

HELLO!

I'm awake and sucking coffee...a LOT of coffee. After I signed off this morning, I couldn't fall asleep to save my life. I was wide awake until after noon so I did something that I didn't want to do while I had to work...I took a couple of xanax to help me fall alseep. So, I'm going on 3 hours sleep and this is my third night in a row. That's why I'm SUCKING coffee...lots of it. I'll be running strictly on the caffeine and the knowledge that I don't have to work tomorrow. BUT...I may be flying to Florida if I can find the right tickets. (Right tickets being cheap tickets.)

Before I go to look for those tickets, I wanted to leave a poem with you. This is a poem that I read when I was in high school and I've always thought of it over the years...not knowing how to find it. But, since the poem was used in Girl Interrupted, it's gotten enough publicity to be easily searchable on the internet. I found a copy of it and I've been looking for decades:

Resume

Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live.


---Dorothy Parker

Dorothy Parker was the woman who, when told that President Cleveland had died said, "How could they tell?" She also was responsible for the couplet, "Men don't make passes at girls who wear glasses." Apparently...she was a bit of a hoot.

OK, I have to look for some tickets and then get ready for work. Have a nice night!

Meg

1 Comments:

Blogger JQ75 said...

Meg, have you tried Melatonin, warm milk, soft music, as alternatives to Xanax? Isn't Xanax a bit of an overkill as a sleep aid? And caffeine can be very damaging to your sleep cycle too.

Meg, we've talked, I've nagged, about the dangers of shift work. Don't make me post my pictures and level 1 trauma visit story.

Shift work, sleep deprivation, etc. can be very dangerous.

I'm afraid to ask, do you wear your seat belts?

After my third shift fatigued driving accident I was asked that standard question. I thought it kind of dumb, so my answer was, can you see that I have a debris trail of over 150 feet from my car? If I had not been wearing my seat belt, I would have body parts strewn for 150 feet. Besides the rip through my left shoulder of my winter jacket really was a give away.

So Meg, be careful, be safe.

May 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home