.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, August 11, 2007

It’s almost 4:30 AM…

…Saturday morning and I just got home from the hospital AGAIN! I felt pretty badly earlier yesterday evening so I called my doctor to see if I would be OK to go back to work since I’ve been put back on the schedule again beginning Sunday morning. They took another CT scan, a bunch of blood tests and a few other diagnostic procedures and after staying in the ER all night long going through all of these tests and waiting for the results of them…I finally got ANOTHER OK to go back to work.

I already had the doctor’s release to go back to work…they gave it to me before I left the hospital. The release said that I could go back to work on August 6th but when I called my supervisor to get the fax number, she said that I should just wait until Thursday the 9th and come in for my annual evaluation. She said that I could just bring the release in then. So, I did. My evaluation went fine and I gave her my work release.

Then, late Friday afternoon I began to feel some strange sensations in my left leg which worried me to the point that I started freaking about whether or not I should go back to work so soon. So, I called the doctor’s office and told them what was happening and that I needed to come in because I was afraid to work on Sunday. They couldn’t get me in before Monday but I’m scheduled to work Sunday and Monday. I explained that to them and even though they said that I had nothing to worry about…I couldn’t get the fear out of my mind. So, the doctor told me to go to the ER and that they would send some orders over to the ER so that they could put my mind at ease.

So, I went to the hospital and had all of the tests. They were all fine, nothing had changed which is what I wanted to hear. That made me feel much better. I couldn’t, in good conscience, go to work worrying about my OWN health as I was taking care of other people.

I have to go back for a follow up appointment in mid September but for now…I feel much more confident about going back to work tomorrow morning. A nurse has to exude self-confidence and if I was frightened at work, my patients could perceive my fear and that’s not a good thing. So, now that I feel much more self-assured, I can go to work without worrying that I’m the sicker of the two in the nurse-patient relationship.

OK then…I need to go to bed now and sleep for as long as I can. When I wake up, I’ll pop back in.

Have a great weekend!



Blogger akakarma said...

You know my Mom is a Nurse Meg! Well, she is retired now but still..

August 11, 2007  
Blogger akakarma said...

Oops! Meant to add- glad to hear that you are feeling spiffy and ready to go back to work. I've been worried about you!

August 11, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home