.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Good morning!

I just woke up and I’m sucking coffee as quickly as I can because I have to go to the doctor’s today. I stayed up too late last night and then I woke up too early today.

I wanted to say a few words about the Alzheimer’s post that I wrote the other day. Although just anyone might not understand all that I wrote, anyone caring for a family member with Alzheimer’s would most certainly get it. I’m always glad when something that I write is especially meaningful to people. When something that I write catches my father’s attention, I’m especially pleased. He’s a tough nut to crack and as any child would, I like it when my father is happy with something that I’ve written.

Here’s the email that I received from my father yesterday:

Margaret,
I read your post and I am very impressed. You should find some way to have it reproduced (published?) and make it available to all Alzheimer’s families.
I am struggling with my own patient. I just discovered the solution to one of our problems. When **** dresses herself, she will often put on the same clothes she wore three time last week. I bought her several outfits recently but I couldn't convince her to wear them. Yesterday, I took a garbage bag and bagged her worst choices. I just realized that if she doesn't see them, she doesn't miss them. I just drop the old clothes at a clothing recycling box.
Dad


He didn’t know that I was already getting it published but anyway…I’m glad that my father found meaning in my words.

I could write about Alzheimer’s patients for hours and never get bored with it. I’ve worked with so many of them and I’ve enjoyed almost every minute that I’ve spent doing it. Any nurse whose been around for any length of time has a wealth of stories to tell and I’m just another nurse with my own stories. On this blog alone I’ve written about my patients often and those are some of my favorite posts.

OK then…I have a doctor’s appointment this morning and that’s why I’m up so early. Before I get ready for that appointment, I wanted to make a SMOD for you.
I’ll do that now.

Meg

OK...here's SMOD for Wednesday morning:

http://flixn.com/play/o6iem6/

After my morning so far, I'll have to make another SMOD later!

Bye for now!

1 Comments:

Blogger Karin's Korner said...

Hey Meggers!!

Just got back from vacation, and love, love, LOVE your SMOD's. way cool!! Also, trying to catch up on everyone's blogs, noticed the war....OMG!! Some people should grow up but I have to admit, I did get a chuckle out of them a bit :)

September 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home