.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, September 22, 2007

OK...

...this is the Sally Field Story. In 1977 I was living in Petaluma California and I had a neighbor named Kristy. The town we lived in had been used as the setting for American Graffiti. When they were filming that movie in Petaluma, Kristy dated Harrison Ford. I didn't live there then and I didn't know until recently that he was a married man at the time.

When I lived there, they used the town to film another movie called Heroes, with Harrison Ford, Fonzie and Sally Field. The cast was having a party at The Adobe Inn and Harrison had called Kristy when he got to town and invited her to the party. She asked me if I wanted to go. Of course, I did. Harrison and Fonzie were there, Sally wasn't. I was so young and it was 1977 so I was excited to meet the Fonz...I had never even heard of Harrison Ford so I was NOT impressed with him.

Anyway, I got to chatting with a few of the folks there and they told me that I could come to the Sonoma County Fairgrounds the next day and watch them film. So, I did.

They were filming a race car scene. They had this one car that was full of cameras and had one seat for the driver. That car was used to drive around the track and film the cars in the scene as they drove around the track.

When the production broke for lunch, it started raining and I ended up hanging out in one of the trailers with a chick I had met that day and some of the crew. It took a while before they were able to film again and when they were getting set up to begin again, I walked over to that camera car to look at it. All of a sudden, a crowd began forming around the car. The driver hopped up into the seat and a lady standing next to me asked him, "Can I ride with you?" That was supposed to be funny because there was only one seat. I thought it was lame. I looked at the woman who had said that and it was Sally Field. I asked her, "Are you Sally Field?" She answered me, "If I'm not, all these people are surrounding the wrong person." She said it in such a snooty way that I was kinda disgusted. I said, "Oh. Well, I was looking at the car." And I turned around and walked away.

That made me dislike her and then her acceptance speech at the Oscars shortly after that, "You like me...you really, really like me!"...made me gag. So, I don't like her.

I did meet the Fonz and Harrison, but as I said, I didn't care about the Harrison dude. I remember that Fonzie smoked Vantage cigarettes at the time and that Harrison was cute...but I hadn't seen Star Wars and I had no clue who he was. If I had known he was a married man...I wouldn't have been as nice as I was.

I was watching Biography one day last year...it was Harrison's Bio...and they said that he and his wife got divorced in 1979...shortly after he had been dating my friend Kristy. I'm sure she wasn't the only one he cheated with...but she was one of them. I was kinda shocked that she would date a married man.

Anyway, that's my Sally Field story.

Meg

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My comments on your video..

1. Of course payton would like Filet Mignon flavored alpo...who wouldn't?

2. Bummer about Sally Field...I always did like her.

3. My god woman..how much paper are you using??

4. Have you ever successfully had a microphone work on your system? Easy common problems include the mute being checked in the control panel/sound app.
And of course, not being plugged into the microphone jack on the back of your computer.. If you let me know the model name/number, maybe I can give you another suggestion..

5. Cute socks!!

September 22, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Well, first of all, John...I can make the web cam work and create files with sound and audio but I can't get those suckers to do anything. I can't save them, upload them, download or whatever. So, the mic on the camera works and I can hear it. I don't know what the problem is. And I can't get the PC to recognize the mic in the web cam so I don't know what's wrong.

I'll give you the model number and name...if you tell me what model number and name you want...the PC? The Camera? Something else?

I'm baffled.

I thought about wasting paper, then it occurred to me that if I mailed them all out, I'd use more paper. Now I only have to use one copy of whatever I write. I don't have to send out multiples!


Thanks for your offer of help!


Meg

September 22, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Hi Little Wing...always a pleasure!


IP of that commenter:

San Jose California United States
dialup-4.182.150.52.Dial1.SanJose1.Level3.net (4.182.150.52) [Label IP Address]
diaryofmydivorce.blogspot.com/
diaryofmydivorce.blogspot.com/
us.f592.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter?MsgId=3778_45118_6859_1829_683_0_17835_1358

September 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is this the problem you are having?? I meant the model number of the Camera...

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/21338-3-audio-logitech-4000

September 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well stat counter sure doesnt lie does it!~

September 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home