.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Good morning!

I'm writing in between puking episodes. This is about as sick as that stuff has made me but I can deal with it. But if my hair falls out, I'm not going to be happy at all. The nausea medicine doesn't work one bit. The nice thing about being so sick is that people help me and that's a good thing.

Before I got so sick yesterday, I rented a carpet shampoo thing and started shampooing the carpets. I started to feel so badly that my sister took over for me. That's actually a good thing because when I do it, I just clean around the furniture. Sis moves everything and cleans under it. She even washes the baseboards...cool, huh?

I tried to help her move the Christmas tree last night and it fell on me. We got it fixed but I wish I had a camera at the time so that I could show you me under the tree. All that's left are the bedrooms and then we'll be done. My son finally put the outside lights up so I'm done decorating.

Do you guys remember the guy I went out with last Friday? The one who offered me his cheek when I went to kiss him? Yesterday he was literally "in the neighborhood" so he called to ask me if I wanted to go get a bite to eat on the Square. He certainly is acting like he likes me...I MUST have misread the cheek thing.

I'm going to stop talking to the other guys that I've been seeing...not because this one asked me to, just because he makes them all look like idiots. I can't believe such a nice guy is still available. Yesterday he apologized for not being able to go out on school nights (he has custody of his son). I told him that I absolutely understood...I've had kids myself. He said that a lot of women are annoyed by the fact that he can't go out 5 nights out of the week because he doesn't like to leave the kid alone. I'm amazed that women are that short-sighted. A man who cares that much about his kid is a keeper.

I guess the women think that a 13 year old kid could be left alone at home and they're right...he is old enough to stay home alone. But, the fact that his father doesn't like to leave him alone on school nights just means that he is a responsible father. My parents went out on weekends themselves. They didn't leave 6 kids at home so that they could go out partying on school nights...even though I was a teenager and certainly could have babysat like I did it on weekends.

Why would a woman be so turned off by a decent man? That's how they end up with jerks. A guy who goes out a lot isn't taking care of business, unless his business is going out every night. This one is doing what he should be doing and it only makes me like him more. I respect a man who is raising his kid and doing it well.

When I speak to him at night, he's almost always doing laundry or cooking dinner. He works, he opens doors and pulls out chairs, he's as cute as a button, he's 6' 3" tall (perfect for me!), he's pleasant, funny and bright. What more could a woman ask for?

I'd have to be one selfish female to whine about a guy who can't go out every night of the week, wouldn't you think so? So many women complain that there aren't any nice guys out there. Well, they're there, you just have to accept them the way they are even if they can't pamper you 7 nights a week.

I don't know what will happen with this relationship...but at least I can say that I met a NICE guy! He proves their existence. I think I should call National Geographic.

:):):)

Time to heave, see ya!

Meg

2 Comments:

Blogger akakarma said...

I'm sorry you're puking and send you thoughts of comfort. Yes nice guys do exist Meg but that doesn't mean they are without flaws or make mistakes. I hope he can make you feel safe and warm- if you know what I mean! I can't wait to hear what happens...

December 14, 2007  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I'm as curious as you are! I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. I'll let you know!

Meg

December 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home