.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

If you were my sister...





...would you sleep later than I did? You might. But then again, it wouldn't be a good idea.

I told Solaris that I would post a picture of my tree but all I got was lights. Anyway, such as it is, here's the tree:

Maybe after I put the curtains back up you'll be able to see it better. For the life of me, I don't understand how it is that I can point a camera at a tree that is sitting in a well lit room and have it come out so dark.

Anyway, once again I'm the only person in the house that's awake. I'm surrounded by awake animals who apparently think that I'll feed them again if they sit and stare at me. Those little twerps are the best fed creatures in this house.

You know what? I'm the only person in this house who buys groceries and I'm the only one who rarely eats. I eat a lot of yogurt and fruit...and luckily for me, no one else in the house eats my stuff. They all like real food and if I don't buy it, they dig in the back of the cabinets for Oodles of Noodles that I bought when Rick was still here. Last time I let them clean out all the cabinets AND the fridge before I went shopping.

It sort of annoys me that I weigh 100 pounds soaking wet and the two of them total WAY over 300 pounds yet I have to buy the food simply because it's my house. That doesn't seem right, does it? I quit buying cookies and ice cream because there's a cookie monster and an ice cream monster in this house. The last time I went shopping, I almost broke down and bought myself some Oreo Double Stuffed cookies but I remembered what happened the last time I did that. My sister ate over 150 cookies inside of a week. So, I just got a couple of boxes of store brand cheap cookies. What the hell, it's Christmas.

And I wasn't kidding about the 150 cookies inside of a week. My son called me when I was in Los Angeles and said, "Your sister ate over 150 cookies!" He was quite distressed about that. Of course, when someone's eating that many cookies, there's bound to be some serious milk drinking so the milk was gone as well. My son and I can make a gallon of milk last a week and a box of cookies last for a couple of weeks if not longer. But one little cookie monster and all hell breaks lose.

During the Christmas season I usually keep bowls of candy kisses and other bite size candies in bowls all over the house. I only have to fill them up once. This year I filled them up once and they were all gone weeks before Christmas. I told them BOTH that those were more for decoration until it got closer to Christmas. But they didn't care. As long as there's someone else to blame they both feel safe eating my decorations. Oh! The tree is full of candy canes...so far no one has touched those.

I always put candy canes on my tree. I have for years. There was a time when no one ate those suckers so I used the same ones year after year. (In case you didn't know, candy canes turn soft after 4 years. Isn't that odd? With age, soft stuff turns hard and hard stuff turns soft. That's bothered me since I was a kid) Then I had grandchildren. They won't allow them to last more than one year.

I just noticed that my candy bowl has one stupid candy kiss in it. I guess neither one of them had the heart to eat the last one.


Isn't that one sad and lonely kiss?

2 Comments:

Blogger akakarma said...

I think it's because of the lights. I had the same thing happen. I'll post a cool pic from last year!

December 12, 2007  
Blogger Determined said...

oh. my. god. No, not the tree - your sister! She needs to hire a good locksmith!

December 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home