.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Good morning!

This morning I have to go to the doctor's office to have an MRI to see what the chemo did to the tumor. I don't have anyone to go with me this time and that blows. I am SO claustrophobic that they shoved my ass back in one of those once and I FREAKED OUT! They couldn't get me out quickly enough.

I can do it, but I need to tape something over my eyes so that I don't see the stupid machine and then, someone I trust has to hold onto my foot. Rick used to do that and my son has been doing it since Rick left but he's not here now so I don't even know if I should bother. Oh well, it's too late to cancel it now.

Maybe if I just tape my eyes up I'll be able to deal with this. They may offer to hold my foot but I don't trust them to pull me out in case of a fire. Oh hell, I thought Rick would do it...these people save people for a living and Rick was banging some skank in a trailer park. If a fire would have started he would have let go and ran. I'm probably better off with the technicians at the MRI place.

Oh well. we'll see. I should be back after that appointment...if I don't croak in the MRI anyway.

:):):)

9 Comments:

Blogger Pandora said...

You know you can be sedated right? I would probably take a Vicadin/Morphine & I'd probably just do it for kicks. :-p

January 25, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

LOLOL...yeah but they would give me xanax for it and I take that every day. So, I take it anyway. Anything more and I wouldn't be able to drive myself home and I had to today. I DID IT! Nobody held my feet but I did tapes my eyes shut.

:)

January 25, 2008  
Blogger theangelJean said...

Yay Meg! You can do it!

[omits random platitude, like 'MRIs aren't that bad...']

*crosses fingers for good results*

the angel Jean

January 25, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

No they aren't...unless you're claustrophobic! The first time, I opened my eyes after they shoved me back there and when I did, I freaked. I had no clue that I would react like that. So, I had to leave, get drugs and try again without LOOKING at the sucker! That's what did it the first time.

:(

January 25, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Tracie,

Could you email me at megkelsobroderick@gmail.com please? I would appreciate it!

Meg

January 25, 2008  
Blogger AntonioFWW said...

Hey Meg,

I'm sorry you had to go through that today. My mother had to do an MRI and she hated it too.

Perhaps before you go next time you can practice taping your eyes shut at home and instead of having someone just hold your foot, you have a hot guy lick it. That way the next time you have to do it you will have pleasant thoughts instead of those of a life threatening situation. Just a thought!

All my best,
Antonio

January 25, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Are you volunteering?

:)

January 25, 2008  
Blogger Jaded said...

I'm glad you made it through. I refuse to be put in that tube. I go to one of the open MRI machines. The docs sometimes complain that it's not as clear as the closed ones, but I tell them that a slightly less clear image is better than no image, and no image is what they'd get if I had to go into that tube. No way, not doing it.

January 25, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

A CT scan is "open" enough but if I can only see a huge tube over my face, the opening in the back doesn't impress me. They do suck when you're afraid of them!

I hope this is the last one for a while.

:)

January 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home