.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

If I hurry up...

...and write this post real real fast, I can get it up in time for Rick to read during his daily visit here. He always comes here at about the same time every day. Hi dude! No pressure, but could you send that alimony? If you get paid Monday, that'll be fine. Have a good day.

Anyway, last night I didn't get to speak to Cheek Dude. :( Also, Monday night he had his bowling league so we couldn't talk then either. We did go out to lunch Monday and that's the last time I saw him. Actually, I think it's the last time we spoke as well. We haven't gone that long since we started the daily calls.

Last night I started my pool league so I couldn't talk. I've played pool for years but this is my first league. A friend of mine owns a bar and he's been asking me to join his team so I finally did. I'm not exactly sure how it works, but you get ranked with a number and if you play someone ranked lower than you, you have to win more games than the lower ranked player does. There's 5 on each team and everyone plays one match with one of the people from the other team.

If you're new (like I am) you start out ranked at a 3 so that's where they had me last night. I played a player ranked at a 4 so I had to win 2 games and he had to win 3...I think. Maybe it was 4 that he had to win but it didn't matter, we played 2 games and I won them both so my match was over after only 2 games. Everybody else was playing 5 or more games in their matches and mine was over in 2. I paid my 7 bucks...I should have been able to play more.

Right before I played, my captain told me that I had to win 2 games. I said, "Hell, I can beat anybody twice." It was cool because he said, "That guy's a 4 but he should be a 5...he's pretty good."

After I won, the captain said, "OK, you're good too. If you're consistent you'll be a 6." Apparently that's pretty damned good. But I'm rarely consistent. I can play the game though...I know I'm good at it.

There was another guy who wanted me to play on his team but I had to decline. One night he said he wanted to take me out to watch me shoot. When he got here, he was driving some chick's truck. She was in the truck too and the 3 of us sat in the cab as we drove. When we got to the place where we were gonna play, the guy started hitting on me...big time. He had done that before so I wasn't terribly surprised but I thought we were serious about this pool team.

After about 15 minutes, the other chick said to me, "You know, he and I date." I had officially been put on warning.

Now, that was hardly necessary. I have Cheek Dude (and the 5X guy, let's not forget him) so I certainly wouldn't need anyone who would sit there and hit on me when:

A. I'm trying out for a pool team.
B. His girlfriend is standing right there.
C. His girlfriend is twice my size and 20 years younger than I. She could snap me in two.

I just spent all the time I could standing really, really close to the girlfriend so that she didn't think I was trying to do anything behind her back.

When he called to see if I would be on the team, I told him, "Thanks but no." He asked why and I told him, "I want to play pool, I don't want to play defense all night."

It was obvious what I meant but he couldn't help himself. He responded, "Well you can always play offense." He takes EVERY SINGLE THING that I say and twists it into something sexual. I hate guys like that. It's funny under the right circumstances and I think most guys know when that is. But this guy is on 100% of the time.

He's not bad looking...BUT....he's full of tattoos, he has his head shaved bald AND there's this huge second head-like thing sticking out the left side of his head. He reminds me of someone who's done serious time in a state penitentiary somewhere. And on top of that, he's TAKEN...DUH! And he doesn't have enough class to keep from hitting on me while she's right there.

Anyway, I'm not on his team...I'm on a normal team. There are some really, really good players on my team and I like being one of them. They don't even have a really bad chick who they use for her low ranking. They're all serious about playing. We did win the game last night...the guy who went first won his match and I shot second and won mine. You have to win 3 out of 5. So, I had fun.

I really do enjoy playing pool. Maybe it's because I do it so well. It's something that I can go out alone and do. I have 2 friends who own bars and if I go play at one of those places, no one will bother me. Everyone there knows that I just go to play pool.

Well, I have to take a shower since I never took one yesterday. I did hit the hot spots but I just couldn't bring myself to get all wet when it was so cold. One day is bad enough...I can't go 2 days without showering. Even on days that I feel really really crappy, I still shower. It sort of makes me feel human.

I just thought of something...I didn't shower yesterday and I won the pool match. Now I have to NOT shower again next Tuesday to see if that's what made me lucky...yeah, that's what I'll do. Until then...nipples look out, it's gonna be real cold here in a minute!

2 Comments:

Blogger AntonioFWW said...

LMAO, you are too funny. I love how people into sports get so superstitious. I guess playing pool is a sport, right?. It's not in the Olympics but it's still a sport, right? I mean you hit balls with a stick and stuff so it's a game or something...well anyway it's funny how you won't shower! LOL. Don't forget your lucky underwear and socks either, hehe.

Oh and if my bf didn't call me for two days, he would get a stern talking to. It only takes a minute to send a text message to say, "Hey I'm thinking about you my love". Or 3 minutes to have a quick conversation conveying the same thing. I say nip that in the bud right away if you want to fix that little problem. Unless you are fine with him not calling for days in a row…your call. Of course I'm guessing you did try to contact him and he didn't respond. The phone does work both way :)

All my best,
AntonioFWW

January 16, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Oh, we just missed each other. And we did email...we just didn't talk. He bowled Monday and I played pool Tuesday. We did just go ot lunch again, though! We ate Chinese at a buffet...and I am STUFFED!

I don't know if pool is a sport, but it is a game and I like those!

Meggers

January 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home