.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, January 14, 2008

My sister is coming back...

...from Florida this afternoon and my kid just walked in the door. Up until then I had been all by myself in a quiet, neat and peaceful house. The loudest sound I've heard was Peter, Paul and Mary singing Leaving on a Jet Plane. I slept nicely with Payton on the bed and the cats on the floor next to the bed. I went to bed with an empty kitchen sink and I woke up to an empty kitchen sink. That hasn't happened in months.

Ah...that was nice.

Then, a couple of minutes ago, my kid walked in the door and said, "That's the worst song I've ever heard! Turn that shit down!"

Damn it. I want to run away but it's far too cold.

If I got on a plane and flew far, far away, these yahoos would all starve. Of course, if I never came back, it'd be no skin off of my nose.

I think I'd like to be Jules from Pulp Fiction. I want to just walk the Earth and see where my adventures take me. Of course I couldn't take my computer so I wouldn't be able to tell you guys about my escapades...unless I spent the night with some guy who would let me use his.

I'd even stowaway on a boat if I knew where they tucked those suckers in. It'd have to be a big boat so I'd be able to hide...but I would do it. I doubt that I would stowaway on an airplane, I don't know which are the death compartments and which are the life compartments.

I doubt that I would hitch-hike...been there did that. It was already getting to be stupid when I was hitch-hiking..I sure as hell wouldn't try it now. With my luck Jack the Raper would pick me up the day I ran away and I wouldn't even get to have ONE DAMN ESCAPADE.

I if did run away, I'd head south first...just til I got to the ocean. Then I'd probably turn right and walk a bit until I got to another ocean. (I guess that would be more like Gump than Jules...but I would have fun.)

I suppose I would have to leave all of my shoes here. Man! I'd have to pick out one pair of shoes and that would take all morning in itself. I could take a long stick and a bandana and put all my crap inside that and carry it over my shoulder. Of course, I could just take my purse.

I didn't watch the news before I came here because the dog dragged me out of bed to let him out so for all I know there's a meteor headed for Earth and I'm in Ground Zero. I suppose that I should go find out if anything crazy is happening. I'll be back later!

PS Excuse me, I want to see if this will work. Hosebag Mama Colleen Lombardi.

Now maybe if we google hosebag mama...Colleen Lombardi's name will come up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home