.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Good morning!

I have a few things to do today and one of them is an airport pick up. I hate those. It's going to trash my entire day but it has to be done. It's quite cold in my house but I'm afraid to turn the heat up any higher because it's probably costing me a thousand bucks just to keep the place as cold as it is. This just makes me love my bed more. It's in my room now, waiting patiently for me to return to it's soft and warm self...the blankets are pulled down just enough for me to crawl in or out of.

Of course, I can't accomplish anything from under those covers but I sure can stay warm. I could use a big warm blob in there with me, but if I stay under the blankets long enough, I can make enough heat for myself without having to screw anyone.

I need to take a shower but I'm afraid. It's cold enough as it is without being wet on top of it. The fear of stepping out of a shower into a cold bathroom keeps me at the computer far too long sometimes. The last time I took a shower I got my hair full of conditioner before I realized that my son had just done the dishes and I had no hot water to rinse my hair with. I had to stand under the less than tepid water and let almost cool water pour all over my already shivering body. It takes a while to get conditioner out so it was pretty traumatic.

Oh well, I suppose I should bite the bullet and get it over with.

See ya!

Ciao

3 Comments:

Blogger Eliza Doolittle said...

Ya know...two years ago as it was becoming spring I bought an electric heater (that looks like a small fireplace) at Home Depot for $100 bucks. That is the best money I've ever spent. It heats my bedroom in ten minutes, my bathroom in two. I take it from room to room with me, because if I run my thermostat over 61, I end up with a $400 gas bill!

January 15, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

A couple of months aga I was at Home Depot with my son. I said, "Look, space heaters! Why don't we get one?" He said, "No, they're a waste."

Within the next 6 weeks, the furnace broke, the gas went out and we had a cold snap. Why in the HELL did I listen to that kid?

January 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My house is almost 100 years old and the ductwork is bad. I have to use a space heater in my room...or I would freeze to death. I warm up the room....turn it off...and then bundle up in my comforter.

Tracie

January 15, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home