.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Good morning!

It's raining like the heavens opened up and all of the angels are crying. They must be annoyed because they're also thundering mad. I'm waiting to lose power so if I don't finish this, that's why.

This may be one of my last days here for a while. I'm renting a car and driving to Florida. I'll be down there for a while and I'm leaving my animals behind. That's a sad thing do. I've never been away from Payton for long, only when I was in the hospital and when I visited my daughter in LA.

Eventually, I will be going to LA for a while but for now, I have to go help my father. He's 73 years old and he's taking care of a lady that he can't handle. He needs to go on a vacation so I'm headed down there to let him go. I don't have a clue how long I'll be there.

I have to go to the doctor today to be sure it's safe for me to travel. That stupid thing in my head could blow at any time and I don't want to be driving when it happens. I was talking to Rick the other day and mentioned that I had a backache. He suggested that I take aspirin. That's all I need, a blood thinner. I didn't feed him antifreeze, he shouldn't tell to take aspirin.

He's going to Virginia the same week that I am. I'm supposed to stand up in a wedding and the timing is freaky. He offered to take me out for a drink and I may just do that. I'd love to see how gray his ear hairs have gotten over the past few years.

Oh well, it could be fun, who knows?

My computer is making running sounds that I'm not familiar with lately. Obviously, I don't know what the hell I'm doing except for the blog stuff...I took pictures of my monitor when I could have pushed a button to do it. So if anyone knows why a computer would start humming for no reason whatsoever, please let me know.

Tonight is pool night and I have to tell the them that I'll be gone for a while. I hate that. But, if I do it right, I should be able to get cheap round trip tickets from Tampa to Atlanta every so often to come back for a visit.

The lady that my father is taking care of has a daughter who has disowned her. She's a brat who says, "That women is no one to me." She's not happy because the mother drank when the girl was growing up. But she adores her father...the man who left her with the evil mother.

I don't understand how someone could do that. If her father cared about her one bit, he would be unselfish enough to have her go visit her mother before she dies. This chick has to live with her decision for the rest of her life and no one has enough time to make that kind of mistake. It's not the kind of mistake that you can fix...it's a lifetime boneheaded move. I would hate to live with that guilt...and there WILL be guilt, especially when the brat has her own kids.

I think that I may have to pack in the morning so I need to be sure all of my clothes are cleaned today. I won't leave without letting you guys know. I just haven't figuured out when I'll have all of my stuff together so that I can leave. Today is the last day that I have things to do and then I just need to leave. I doubt that I'll leave tomorrow...but I might leave the next day.

OK then, now I have to make some coffee and suck on that for a while. I'll be back in a bit.

:)

4 Comments:

Blogger Vi said...

It's a shame estranged family can't sort things out when a family member is dying. Maybe you can help that?

February 26, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

If I get one chance...I certainly will.

February 26, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a shame the estrangement had to happen at all. But it does. And the time for rectifying what ever created the rift has long since past.
You know some of the types of women you speak of on this Blog? Well, I'm the Adult Child of one that was about a thousand times worse than I've seen here. And walking away is not done lightly for any of us: It's very personal and very painful.
Unfortunately the very people who need to recognize themselves in this comment never will.
TW

May 16, 2012  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Yep...I've made that point many times. You should be closer, I need a friend.

May 17, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home