.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Be careful what you ask for...

...I've heard that a million times and yet I keep on wishing. The cable dude just came by and after telling my father that he would have to install cable under the carpet to get it from his room to the room that I sleep in, "we" decided to put the computer in his room instead. That means that after I set this computer up in my father's room, I can take a nap in this room without worrying that anyone will hear me farting in my sleep.

I've turned back the comment-ability of this blog...I think I should be able to keep it up for a while now. I may have to take it back down...it depends on how certain things here transpire over the rest of the week.

Anyway, we're going to get a router so that my father and/or I can use the lap-top to go online if we want to. That should make it easier for me to be able to come online. I won't have to worry about finding Jean on the living room floor after I've been in here writing. I write a LOT more than this one blog...but the blog is the first thing that I do when I start writing. I haven't had as much time to write as I usually do, as you may have noticed that if you read this blog often at all.

As soon as "we" decided to put the computer in my father's room, it occurred to me that I mainly have time to write in the evening after he and Jean have gone to sleep. So, it's a good thing that we will have the lap-top because I type as loudly as any woodpecker pecks. Anyone who's been in the house listening to me type will tell you that.I didn't ever learn to type in a class, I just started hunting and pecking and over the years I became quite good at it. Of course, I can't really look at the screen and type, I have to look down to do type legibly. But, it works for me.

My father has been painting the trim in the living room over the past two weeks and now it's my turn. I have to do the rolling part and I doubt that my father will allow me two weeks to do my share of the painting. After I finish painting, we'll go shopping for window treatments. This is kind of fun, I get to decorate a room with someone else's money.

The last time I was here I stenciled around the top of the kitchen here. It looks so cool, I really, really like it. I know that I posted pictures of that when I did it so I'm going to look for them right now.

BRB!!!

That was fast, wasn't it? Unless of course you were here waiting in real time for them in which case it took an hour. Sorry. OK then...I have to ready the living room for painting. My dad has done all of the trim, my part should be a piece of cake...relatively speaking of course.

:)

Anyway...here are the pictures of the stenciling I did last year. I think I'll extend it to the vestibule that you can see through the doorway:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home