.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Guten Tag!

We wrapped the prison scenes yesterday so my part in Tyler Perry's new movie is pretty much over. I had considered resubmitting different pictures under the name Maggie instead of Meg. I would have sent in another picture and hoped to slip through the cracks. I can't work on the movie as a prisoner AND a person in a different scene. But, as icky as we had to look in the prison scenes, I'm sure that I could clean up and no one would recognize me.

Yesterday we shot quite a few scenes, as I said Tyler works quickly. But as usual, most of the day was spent waiting in between scenes. The jail we were in is still home to some cops...they lease out the back part of the jail. We had one cop sitting there watching us the entire time. He said it was to protect our stuff but I've never seen a production company have someone "watching" stuff who wasn't in the crew. They usually hire their own security.

But he was fun to talk to so I did that for a while. I was talking to a LOT of people because there were so many of them there.

First, we shot a scene in the visitors room. My visitors were a white guy and a black chick. I guess the black chick was marrying my son. We had to mime our words so I mimed her questions about her dreds and she mimed me back how she did it. My "son" wasn't much of a talker...he just sat there and watched us miming about girl stuff.

On Why Did I Get Married, my "date" and I mimed and even though he was only miming, I couldn't get a word in edgewise. When you're miming in a movie, you have to take turns doing it, you can't look like you're both speaking to each other at the same time. I do NOT want to end up listed as a Goof on IMDB.com . That wouldn't look good on a resume. At one point yesterday I just started miming Mary Had a Little Lamb. No one will ever know.

We also filmed a few scenes outside in which we "the prisoners out in the yard", cheered as Candy and Madea walked free. That was actually no fun for me because they asked if anyone could smoke. There was no one who said that they currently smoked but I made the mistake of saying, "I used to!" So, that stupid comment got me the role of "smoker" in the inmate scene. There were a few women back in holding who would have loved that job but they had to do so many takes that by the last one, I was sure I had developed lung cancer. They didn't even give me menthol fags, I had to smoke Winston longs.

I reached back to my knowledge of street type people as I held the cigarette and at one point I just put it in my mouth so that I could clap. Even when I did smoke, I never would have left a cigarette hanging out of my face like that.

Anyway, I was in that scene and it took a while to shoot. First Tyler was directing and he was dressed as himself. That was when Candy was getting out. Then he changed into Madea and SHE got out. That man works faster than any other director I've ever worked with. It's not at all bad for the background people but it must suck for the grips and camera people. They have to move all that equipment back and forth every time they change scenes.

Anyway, I found out that the judges in the movie will be being played by both Judge Mablean and Judge Mathis. They'll be filming their parts next week. I would LOVE to work on those scenes. But alas, I am a prisoner in this movie.

The hair guy did something really odd. I went to the set with my hair in a pony tail and the guy took my pony out and put another pony in only he used a rubber band. That's NOT good. He put it in so tightly that I couldn't get it out. Someone had to help me and even they had trouble with it. If I had to have a pony tail, I don't know why I couldn't have just had a pony tail with a normal pony thing in my head. Oh well.

In a real jail the inmates use the tops of their elastic socks to make pony tails. They are some seriously resourceful women. They use M&M's for make up...they lick the M&M and then wipe the color on their eyes, cheeks or lips. I wonder if they could sand down a Clark bar and make a shank out of it? Ya think?

With my luck some nutty prisoner somewhere will read this and end up stabbing another prisoner with a Clark bar. I wonder if I would be considered an accessory before the fact? Oh well, if I have to go to jail I know how to do it now.

While I was chatting with the cop who was sitting with us, I asked him how far we would get dressed like that. He said, "Not far...those aren't our prisoner's clothes but you could be from another jail." So, when I wanted to take a group of about 5 other prisoners and run down the streets of Forest Park, I guess it's a good thing that we never did it. One chick said that it'd be good publicity for the movie. She was probably right but I think they were more interested in completing their work than they were losing their prisoners to a real jail.

Of course, I still have my own Department of Corrections shirt...I could always try it alone. (They let me keep the one I wore yesterday because the prison scenes were done. I took the other one back.) So, I suppose I could end up in jail sometime soon but I'm quite sure that I'd be let go quickly, I never heard of the crime "impersonating a prisoner". I suppose they could charge me with disturbing the peace...but once again, if I played it stupid enough, who knows what I could get away with.

I did wear that shirt to the grocery store the other day. No one arrested me. Nobody even asked any questions. I bet a few of them did wonder...I certainly would have. I didn't see any cops but I did see a couple of firemen from the firehouse around the corner. I guess they didn't care about my skinny ass as long as they were able to go back to work cooking great meals for themselves. I see those firemen in that grocery store so often that they must be eating up one helluva spread over there. If I were ever starving, I would go straight to a fire station. Those guys can really cook.

I imagine those fire dudes cooking as well as this video blogger who is always cooking up something great:

http://alittlebitofchristo.blogspot.com/

Remember not to go to that blog hungry, you'll be quite sorry if you do!

Well, I'm going to go take a shower and get ready for the day...I'll be back shortly.

Meg

3 Comments:

Blogger Lara Croft said...

I checked out doggies hamburgers last night hungry and had to eat before bed, I was drooling!

The filming sounds tireing but exciting at the same time, cant wait to see ya on the tube :-)
Oh and rubber bands are soooooooooo bad!

May 28, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I warned you. Just reading your comment is reminding me of those cheeseburgers, I think I"m going to go make myself one. I HAVE to have one now. Thanks girl.

May 28, 2008  
Blogger Christo Gonzales said...

ooooey goooey cheesy melty goodness.....I want some fried chicken right about now...

May 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home