.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Konnichi wa!

In Japan people say Konnichi wa to say hello. (KOHN-NI-CHEE-wa) Actually, they have a few different ways to say hello but I chose this one because I liked saying it, "Konnichi wa"! I've heard it before but never knew what it meant. Now I do! So, I know a few Japanese words, but I don't know how to spell them and I don't want to massacre the Japanese language so I'll not try to spell them now.

I was reading a guy's blog where he described an argument with his wife. Apparently she bought fish for dinner without an idea of how she was going to prepare it. The husband got pissy with her and she sulked in the basement for the rest of the night. Then the poor guy said that he didn't know how the argument could have been avoided. If you want to read about it, this is the link:

http://dadslife2.blogspot.com/

Early in the post he mentions that the wife had been dealing with a botched die job on her head. Now, a botched hair job is a mighty screwed up thing for most women, that guy should just be happy that she wasn't a LOT worse. At least she was going to make him dinner. Some women might still have been busy bitching about the hair.

I still bitch about the worst hair job that I've ever had. Well, I don't know if it was the worst, my daughter and I went to have our hair done once and we ended up spending a LOT of money fixing the rotten, uneven hair that was left on our heads. But the dude who did the WORST job stands out because he did something I never told him to do and it was drastically different from what I had asked for...and he chopped off two feet of my hair after I said, "Don't tamper with the length."

My sister sat and watched with her jaw dropped as he cut and cut, telling me some bullshit about how it needed a trim and that it was too heavy so it needed to be thinned. When he was done, I had the Linc from Mod Squad look only that time it was a PERMANENT! I just had to wait for it to grow out to cut the frizzy stuff off. Then, I had long hair once again and I had to have brain surgery. That was bad.

There's nothing like shaving a huge blotch of your head. I woke up in ICU like that, I never thought about it before the surgery at all. Nor did I think about the halo they put your head in when they open the skull and I knew better than that. But I was still surprised when I felt the hole in my forehead. I knew there was a matching hole on the other side of my head but I hurt too much to feel for it.

It took years to regrow hair on my entire head in one length. Then I got it cut short again. Rick told me that he liked me with short hair. So, like an idiot, I kept it short. Except for a trim here or there, I've not cut my hair since Rick left. I like to be able to hold my hair out as far as I can and say, "He's been gone THIS long." He's been gone for well over a foot now.

I'm probably too old to have such long hair but I've wanted it really long for my entire life but one stupid thing or another happened to it. First, I fell asleep with gum in my mouth and woke up with it all in my hair. That was 5th grade and my mother butchered my hair after that. Then, I had a girlfriend who kept her hair really, really short so when she would say, "I'm going to the beauty salon, wanna come with?" I would just say, "Duh....OK then." So I'd get my hair cut for no reason other than Dawn needed a haircut.

Then when I got married I HAD to have the Dorothy Hamill for my wedding, it was just so cute! I didn't cut it for a while and just before it got really long that dude I mentioned chopped it all off. I grew it long once in the 90's but that was when I had the brain surgery. So, now I'm just trying to avoid brain surgery.

I don't sleep with gum in my mouth and I don't go with anybody to get their hair done. I'll never let anyone trick me into a haircut again so the surgery is all that would screw me now.

Shit, I have a hideous pain in my gut, right under my right boob. It feels just like biliary colic, the pain I had before I had my gall bladder surgery. The docs can't find any reason for the pain, I wonder if it's phantom gall bladder pain? Ya think? It comes and goes so rarely that I don't think about it except when it's happening. I think I need to go lie down for a few until this passes.

BRB.

OK, I'm back. That pain blows. But, when it's gone, it's gone. It isn't worth taking pain medicine for, by the time it would work I'd be over it anyway.

OK then...I read this at Princess Frog's blog:

Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -Dr. Seuss

(http://princessfred.blogspot.com/) I really liked it. It's a lesson that we Bitter Bitches need to learn. There's nothing we can do to make another person happy so we should just ignore them and not make the normal people suffer.

Last night I had an epiphany. Well, I'm not sure if it's a true epiphany so much as I finally HEARD something Solaris has been saying for a long time...the nancy boy is in love with me. Monday nights are my favorite night because there are 4 hours of The Family Guy on TV. I was watching that sometime in the third hour when that thought hit me out of nowhere.

Of course he loves me, that's why he keeps "pulling my hair" and running away. Duh!

Isn't that sweet? I had no idea. Damn, now I feel all special. It's so nice to have a man's undivided attention.

:)

By the way, Red Bank New Jersey, I see you and I called Detective Morrison.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home