.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Talk about oversleeping!!!

I did it well today. Payton woke me up to go outside this morning as he always does and I made myself a cup of coffee and sat in front of the computer. I started to fall asleep again so I just let Payton in and went back to sleep for "a couple of hours". I ended up sleeping for another 5 hours. That's what I get for taking 2 pain pills last night instead of one. I should have known better than that but it never occurred to me that it'd put me into a coma.

Did you hear about that poor girl who fell off the cruise ship? Her family was blaming the boyfriend, it was just an awful mess. Well, according to the news, the video cameras caught her actually falling off of the ship. I bet that was one huge "WHEW!!!" for that boyfriend. Even I thought the guy had to have had something to do with the woman's disappearance, how could a full grown woman fall off of a boat? Apparently, it can happen easily. I didn't see the tape but I have been on cruise ships and I would think that you'd almost have to put effort into falling off of one of them.

OMG! I just realized that when I woke up this morning I didn't turn the lights on in the aquariums. Those poor fish must have wondered where the sun went. Can you imagine what they went through? Life is fine and then one day the sun doesn't come up. Those poor fish. Now the sun is up and it's the middle of the day.

Oops...my dad's on the phone, this could take a while. He's talking politics...oh boy.

BRB

OK, I'm back. The political discussion went nowhere so we ended up talking about movies before we had our usual conversation ender, "Did you tell your sister to get her crap out of my condo?"

"Yes Dad, I did. She said she'd have George come by and pick it all up."

This is where he threatens to toss it all in the trash and one of these days I'm sure that he will.

When I was in Florida, I took my own stuff that my father was keeping for me and, of course, I took all of Jean's things and either trashed them or gave them away. (I did keep a beautiful cashmere sweater...it still had the tags on it.)

So, anyway, my father's place is now full of his stuff and my sister's stuff. Since Jean passed away, my father is going to put a new floor in the condo. He put in new carpeting about a year ago but it has so many cigarette burns that I don't know why the place didn't burn down. The burns were the reason he got new carpeting in the first place. Now he just wants to put a hard wood floor in and all of the boxes of silly stuff has to go. I took care of most of it, but I didn't touch my sister's stuff.

I did notice that at least 3 boxes and 2 huge trash bags were full of stuffed animals. My sister has kept every single stuffed animal that she has ever gotten. So, there are hundreds of teddy bears and bunny rabbits in my father's closets and he is not pleased. Knowing him the way I do, I can't believe that he hasn't already thrown that stuff out.

He's doing what I'm doing, spring cleaning. I've thrown away so much stuff that I bet the city charges me extra on my next power bill. Marietta City runs the power, water, sewer and trash and you get one bill for it all.

I could probably have one helluva yard sale with all of this crap, especially if I had kept Jean's stuff. She had every gadget and gizmo you could think of. I just tossed them all because I didn't know anyone who would want a power tool for manicures. Oh, my father added to the pile of shit one day by handing me a stupid thing that warms up your shaving cream for you. He said, "Who in the hell needs one of these?"

Well, obviously he forgot that I bought it for him. I knew it was a dumb gift but he surprised me one Christmas Eve so I had to go get him SOMETHING. I had already sent his real gift off to him and I wanted him to have something to open in the morning. The only thing open that late on Christmas Eve was Walgreen's so that's where I went. They don't have a lot of really, really good Christmas presents at Walgreen's so he got a shaving cream warmer. Now I have it...I couldn't bring myself to throw away a perfectly good, unopened, unused gift that I could pawn off on someone else next Christmas.

OH! Another thing, Sydney (Jean's cat) has become seriously attached to my father. When Jean was alive, you rarely saw Sydney. She was very anti-social...even for a cat. But since Jean's been gone, she stays right next to my father. And of course, coming to my house with my 2 cats and Payton must have given her quite a stir. My father said that she sat on his lap the entire drive back to Tampa and now she sleeps with him and sits on his chest every morning to wake him up.

That's just so funny because he has always been a cat hater...seriously. Now he has Sydney who is "such a smart cat!" and "actually fetches!". The fact that Sydney sits on his lap every morning necessarily means that he lets her sit there. I'll never get over listening to my father go on and on about Sydney just like a proud father would go on about his kids. So, that's why I didn't take her. I would have, I offered to...but it wasn't necessary. Jean was worried that my father would take her to the SPCA but that's not going to happen. Neither she, nor I, could have foreseen the bond that would form between my father and Sydney. If she can see him from wherever she is, she is as shocked as am I.

Payton is lying in his kennel and he didn't do anything wrong. I don't have to put him in doggie jail very often now, he's a pretty good dog. But he does seem to love being in a cage, you can see that the door is open on the other side, Payton just walked into that tiny thing and is all smushed up but he loves to sleep in there:




Well, I'm gonna go disappear for a while but I'll be back before I leave for my date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home