.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

OK then.

You know, today I thought a lot about that Obama dude. There was a time when I had pretty much decided that he would be my choice for President. I'm not nuts about McCain, I think we need to get past the Clintons and I figured that Obama had a lot to offer in the way of something new. But as I quickly learned, Obama isn't anything new. He's the same old thing that we've had for the past 8 years...a seemingly nice enough guy with very little in the way of gray matter.

All day I kept hearing Obama answer the press (who were asking a presidential candidate for his views on some presidential "stuff") with that whiny, "Why can't I just eat my waffle." I predict that "Why can't I just eat my waffle?" will be Obama's answer to "Don't taze me bro!".

Howard Dean had his "I have a scream" speech, Nixon had his Checkers Speech (Look that one up Obama, it was BEFORE the Cuban Missile Crisis) and now Obama has his Waffle Wimper. Look for things to go downhill for the Senator from here.

Consider this, I set out to post a collection of a few Obama-isms that might make people smile a bit. I was amazed at the pot pourie of preposterous prosodies. Obama's hebetudinous cup runneth over. And he's only been around for what...a year? Year and a half? Do you have any idea how many more stupid things he can say in 4 years? And as President his blunders have the capacity to muff things up a bit.

Just a little something to sleep on.

And no, I am NOT sexist. I'm an equal opportunity annoyance.

I didn't have to look far to find this Top Ten List of Hillary's Stupid Comments at About.com by Daniel Kurtzman:

10. "I have to confess that it's crossed my mind that you could not be a Republican and a Christian."
9. "God bless the America we are trying to create."
8. "We have a lot of kids who don't know what works means. They think work is a four-letter word."
7. “He ran a gas station down in St. Louis... No, Mahatma Gandhi was a great leader of the 20th century.” –introducing a quote by Mahatma Gandhi
6. “Who is going to find out? These women are trash. Nobody’s going to believe them.” –on Bill Clinton’s bimbo eruptions
5. “If I didn’t kick his ass every day, he wouldn’t be worth anything.” –on Bill Clinton
4. "I suppose I could have stayed home and baked cookies and had teas, but what I decided to do was to fulfill my profession which I entered before my husband was in public life."
3. "We are going to take things away from you on behalf of the common good."
2. "I have said that I'm not running and I'm having a great time being pres — being a first-term senator." —on her presidential ambitions
1. "I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president."




Anyway, I'm tired from laughing so hard today. Tomorrow we'll talk about Dubya.

:)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home