.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, May 02, 2008

OMG!!!

"it's too bad you are not near W Palm Beach, my mom needs someone to go out with and all of her former gf have paired up -- and I think you guys would really hit it off - you remind me a lot of her."

This chick is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO reminding me of what it's like to have a BFF. Before I married Rick I always had one...then I made him my entire life and had no time to go out and play with a friend.

I wish I lived near someone with whom I could get into trouble. It's cool how having another "bold" chick with me sort of makes us feed off of each other. We get into exponentially more trouble and have just as much fun.

I was "arrested" in the Sears Tower once by a Sears Tower cop. That place is big enough to have it's own "force". I was 17 or 18 and that never would have happened if I had been alone. My BFF Caryn and I went downtown one day just for the hell of it. We had no plan and limited funds. We only had enough to pay for the train ride home so we couldn't afford the ticket to the express elevator. I think they were 6 bucks and I don't think we had 6 bucks between us. So, we decided to climb the stairs to the observatory of the tallest buidling in the world (at that time).

Actually, we took a public elevator to the 65th floor where it became private so we HAD to hike up the stairs...forty plus flights of stairs. Every ten floors there was a red phone in the stairwell that said “Pick up this phone if you are locked in this staircase.” We laughed and laughed and laughed at the thought of some idiot locked in the staircase until we realized that the doors didn’t open out to the private floors, they just opened into the staircase.

So, we had to pick up one of the the damn red phones and tell security to come and get us out. They took us to the Sears Tower PD and booked us. We asked if we would be in any trouble and they said, "Not if there hasn’t been any damage done.” Well, we didn’t do any damage, but we saw some.

It didn’t matter, we both had fake ID’s. Back when Illinois went to plastic drivers licenses, everyone kept their cardboard license and loaned them out to friends who wanted to drink. My friend Caryn and I had been to a bar called John Quincy’s on Adams Street in Chicago. We didn’t get into any trouble there. Then we walked to the Chicago Yacht Club and took a dinghy out to one of the yachts and sunned on that for a while. I don’t know why we never got caught doing such stupid things but we didn’t. Except of course for the Sears Tower thing.

Yep...I need a playmate...badly.

2 Comments:

Blogger perdido said...

I'm going to visit my mom sometime this summer - maybe you could come over and we could all meet up and then you could have weekend getaways to W Palm LOL

May 05, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Cass,

Let me know when you go...it's always fun to meet my BB's!

Your Blog Buddy,

Meg

May 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home