.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

You know...

...I was expecting a lot of arguments from the call-in people who commented on the radio this morning after they interviewed me. But one argument that I didn't expect was the one where they asked, "Why would anyone spend money like that when there are starving children all over?" Well, this isn't exactly coming out of a guy's "Save the World Fund" and if you use that logic, you'd need to tear down every single Six Flags park and build a children's hospital. I'd like to see the person who never spends a single frivolous nickel. As some guy said, it's not really any different than a strip bar.

The other argument was, "Who would want anything to do with a guy who would be attracted to you because of your boobs?" Well, first of all, that assumes that you're doing it for a man. Secondly, the guys who don't love boobs as much as these guys aren't necessarily princes. I haven't been particularly impressed with the guys I've met the way I am...how much worse can they get? And besides, the website doesn't even have my address, they pay the surgeons directly.

That takes care of the other argument...the one were these guys might be freaks and stalk you. Every website has it's share of freaks...this one is no different I'm sure...although I haven't met a guy who didn't act like a gentleman so far.

I also agree that perhaps some women are too young to make that decision but that's MY opinion and I guard it as securely as I would regard yours and your right to it. In this country, 18 years olds are legally adults and if fake boobs were the only stupid thing I did when I was 18...my life would be completely different. But, no...I wouldn't want my daughter to do it.

Do you guys know any other arguments to this website?

5 Comments:

Blogger John said...

I've heard many of the arguments. As for me, the first thing that went through MY mind was how could I head to YOUR site and put in a few $$$. best of luck (but that icon just took me to their home page, not yours)

May 01, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Aw...that was sweet! Yeah, you have to join the thing to do that. I wouldn't have put the logo up there if I thought just anyone could go into my profile and see what I have there.

:):)

May 01, 2008  
Blogger ImNoBetterThanU said...

I know of plenty of people spending money on much worse things. If I had more expendable money I would be more than happy to donate to your "cause"...lol
In fact I go to the site and I see you...an attractive woman that is doing something she wants to do. Then I see the pictures of "the others" and most of them look like young girls with too much make-up and an aspiration to be a stripper.

Now do not get me wrong I am not judging them. In fact,when i was 18, I was in a profession that's morals are questioned by many...LOL
But hey...I WAS 18. Anyway...my point is...I would contribute if it would not be a completely irresponsible thing for me to do financially at this point in my life.

May 01, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Well thank you. And you are quite indicative of most people, oddly enough. I guess it's the old live and let live thing. And as I told the radio dude, this isn't coming out of the guys "Save the World fund". They have the disposable income to do something so frivilous.

Good on them.

:):):)

May 02, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

You know...if the women at the website want to pay for part of the boob job herself...they may. So, I can start a boob job fund for you guys who wanted to help me without having to join the site...you have always had that option. Just click your heels together three times and scroll down to the I Love Lucy picture on the left side of this thing. Put the money in my PayPal account and I will put it toward the boob job myself. Let me go get the policy from the site about how you do that...I'll post it up here.

BRB.

May 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home