.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Yesterday was pretty sad...

...with all the time that I spent taking care of Jean's belongings. There were a lot of things to dispose of and as much as I wanted to save a bunch of it, Jean just had far too much stuff. She even had an electric nail filer, like a drill only instead of bits it had small sanders. I threw away a lot of things that I couldn't think of a use for. I'll take her glasses to the Lion's Club and the clothes to Goodwill. Her clothes are beautiful but they're all size 12-16 and none of them would fit me or my sisters.

Anyway, I'm driving home tomorrow. I talked my father into driving up there with me. That wasn't tough because he has some business in Chatsworth, Georgia. It all has to do with my aunt's financial matters. He wants to get his nephew disqualified from inheriting her money. It should work, the burden of proof in the civil case is nowhere near as high as it would be in a criminal case. The money would then go to his kids who are living in foster homes right now. If my homicidal cousin wants to fight that decision, he can come out of his fugitive status and talk to the judge himself.

So, today I'll clean up the condo the best that I can, I'll do dad's laundry and dispose of the remaining flowers. I may even pack his car so I don't have to do it in the morning. Now all I have to do is hope that my son has kept my house clean, I don't want to have my father walk into a messy house. Oh, I hope he's mowed the grass as well! Damn it, I have to call him and make sure he takes care of all of that stuff. The chances of him just mowing the yard for the heck of it aren't really all that high.

My dad and I searched for the paintings that we each inherited and the one that he likes was actually from a famous artist who I never heard of. His name is Antoine Blanchard. The ones that I got aren't as well known but while I was searching I found out that one of my paintings that I have at home is by an artist who is more well known than I had suspected. I have one oil lithograph that I knew was valuable, but I didn't think my Max Savy piece was worth anymore than I paid for it ten years ago.

My dad also gave me a small statue of a cat that he "couldn't find a place for". It turned out to be an Austin Sculpture which isn't too shabby in itself. Obviously Jean had good taste and the money to indulge herself.

OH! Speaking of cats, it just occurred to me that if we drive to my place, we'll have to take Jean's cat (which is now my father's...he didn't want me to take it after all). That's what I need...another animal at my house. It's OK though...this cat is so shy that when she's at my house she disappears so we never see her.

Crap...my father just asked me if I wanted anything from the store and I said that I didn't but now that he's left, I would like some lemonade. POO!

Well, I guess I've taken care of all the stuff that I needed to take care of so the timing is good. I need to be home for a meeting on Thursday morning so a nice drive back on Wednesday would be good. Of course I can only do that if I spend Tuesday cleaning the condo so my dad can come home to a nice, clean place.

I had hoped to stay long enough to see a friend or two but I had no idea that it would take so long to take care of Jean's things. I wonder what I'll forget when I leave? I ALWAYS forget something...I just hope it isn't my push up bra...I like that sucker!

Meggers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home