.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Guess what?

I learned more things last night. I had fun, but I also paid a lot of attention while I was having that fun.

First, I went go-carting and THAT was a lot of fun. I started out trying to figure out how the go-cart handled and then I floored it and screeched around the corners and bounced off the walls, and other people. One guy hit me so hard that I chased him around the track until I got caught him and then I smacked the hell outta his ass. He didn't have to hit me. But once he did, I had to hit him.

I hit one driver pretty hard but I didn't know it was a chick. I felt pretty bad about that especially when she stopped in front of me and told the guy her head was spinning. But they pushed me out and I drove away. I think she was OK, she walked away.

The place that I went to is called Andretti's and it's up in Alpharetta, I think. It was a blast.

Later on the guy started telling me stories about past relationships. Now, that's never, ever a good idea. No possible good could ever come out of that sort of discussion, it could only serve to cause bad shit. And this guy caused a LOT of bad thoughts. I was just getting to like him and he started telling me those stories where he innocently ended up in trouble over something that someone else did to set him up.

If I took the entire date and just counted the part where he WASN'T talking about his past, it was great. If I count the part where he WAS talking about his past, he sounded like a complete liar. So, you do the math.

That's a shame because up until then he was doing just fine. If he would have told me the things that had happened to him only in a way that he took responsibility for them, I wouldn't have minded one bit. We all make mistakes and we all do really, really stupid things. But I like people who are far enough removed from those things that they can be honest about them. So, it wasn't what he said that bothered me...I can handle someone who's done dumb stuff. What I can't handle is someone who did a bunch of dumb stuff but blames it all on someone else.

At one point I said something like, "You don't really need to be telling me all of this." His response was, "Oh yes I do, it gets worse." I really, literally meant "You DON'T need to be telling me all of this." I guess he didn't get it so I shut up and listened to more of it. I was quite disappointed. So, except for the pile of bullshit, he's a great guy.

Did I ever tell you how much I despise a liar? Even if they lie in an innocuous way, I don't like them. That means that they still lie and probably do things that they HAVE to lie about. Crap. I would go into that one totally looking for lies and that's what I hated about my marriage. The lies oozed out of every aspect of my marriage so I certainly don't want to START in a relationship looking for lies.

I don't know why in the world people would do that. But there seem to be a lot of them that do.

Thank God for go-carts. Oh, and for Mario...the nice man who built the place in which I was able to drive like a maniac. I want to do that again.

:):):)

2 Comments:

Blogger Pandora said...

Minus the liar, it sounded like a blast.

June 23, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

It was, LOL.

:)

June 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home