.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

There's very little that I despise...

...more than a liar. I don't like it when they lie to pump themselves up and I like it even less when they lie to deride another. I would wager that the former liar would take offense at the miscreant antics of the latter. To lie about oneself is bad enough. But invective lies are pretty much unforgivable.

I really have no dog in the presidential race this year. Neither candidate has really impressed me too much one way or the other. Way back in the very beginning of the campaign, I was pretty much impressed by Barrack Obama. But like most of America, I didn't know much about him at all.

In the interim, I have heard a few people make public relations hay out of the way he "inspires hope" in people. Americans from all walks of life were paying serious attention to the young man from Illinois who seemed to be the answer to an entire host of society's ills. From the anonymous college student to no less than Caroline Kennedy, people were singing the praises of the man who would heal the deep divide that Americans perceive from sea to shining sea.

But before my very eyes, the objective and therefore valid, endorsements came to a screeching halt. No one outside of the hierarchy of the Democratic Party has been singing any Obama praises lately. The praise has been replaced with the voices of Jeremiah Wright, William Ayers and even obscure minions of Barack Obama.

Imagine someone telling a lie about you. Envision that the misrepresentation is one that questions your mental stability. Then, the scurrilous verbal attack is broadcast live around the world. And the prevaricator is endorsed by no less than a United States Senator. I would imagine that most people would not appreciate having their mental acumen impugned in any way, much less on a world wide scale. The act of chicanery in itself would require some rather shady scruples .

And that is exactly what I took away from Obama's behavior when he corroborated the proposition that McCain was "confused" when he responded to a reporter's question. The reporter queried McCain about the removal of troops from Iraq. This was the Senator's response:

"...that's not too important. What's important is the casualties in Iraq. Americans are in South Korea, Americans are in Japan, American troops are in Germany -- that’s all fine. American casualties and the ability to withdraw."

That makes perfect sense to me. Discussing the troop withdrawal is one thing, but the safety of the troops is an utterly different matter all together. And, it's one that takes precedence over any and all other matters. That's what McCain said.

But, apparently Obama was a bit addled himself. He didn't hear a logical answer to an important question. He heard an opportunity to gain some sort of sick political capital when he manipulated the safety of our sons and daughters serving overseas. He went the way of tacky personal attacks and his actions serve to let us all know that Obama simply has nothing productive to add when it comes to the monumental task at hand.

After McCain answered a serious question with in a logical manner, Obama and his peeps had a meeting where they said something very similar to this:

Some silly staff assistant: Does anyone have any ideas today? How can we make Barack look good in the front of the country?

Some other silly staff assistant: Well, I can't think of anything that Barack can do that would be honorable, can you Barack?

Barack: Nope.

First silly staff assistant: Well, then we just have to attack McCain. Any ideas?

Third silly staff assistant: I heard everything that he said yesterday and it all made sense. We could always just twist his words into something he never said at all, that always works for the Clinton's!

Second silly staff assistant: Yeah! And we should call him confused so people think he's senile! Call in a favor from an old crony in Illinois and have him make the comment for us.

Barack: Yeah! Cool.

First silly staff assistant: Cool.

Second silly staff assistant: Cool.

Third silly staff assistant: Cool.

Barack: Man, I really need a Vice Presidential candidate to do this dirty work. I only have a few favors left from my pals in Cook County.

So, they took what McCain said and came up with this:

"When asked this morning about American troops coming home from Iraq, John McCain said 'that's not too important,'"

They had some Chicago-type politician say it...but we all know why he said it and where it came from. Obscure political peons like Rep. Rahm Emanuel from Illinois don't just make statements like that without directions.

I have yet to see any sign of "confusion" from McCain. But an entire host of democrat mouthpieces have shown a total lack of percipience when they followed suit in the manipulation of McCain's comment.

So, where in the hell is this "inspirational" man who promulgated such hope for "change"? I see nothing but the same ol' same ol'.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I myself, despise adulterers and war. Both things that John McCain supports wholeheartedly.

Maybe you should look into Ron Paul if you hate Obama so much. He can't change the color of his skin, y'know. Its too bad that so many see his being 'black' as a detriment.

June 12, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I don't hate Obama and I don't support the adulterer. You should be a little less concerned with the color of people's skin.

:)

June 12, 2008  
Blogger John said...

McCain may not have been confused, It sounds more like he was just doing the standard politician thing: ignoring the question so he can stay "on topic" and say what he wants to say, and what he wants the papers to report. I once had a course in being interviewed by the press, and it is always interesting to see how well politicians avoid the questions and talk about what they want. One of the only reporters that didn't let that happen too often was Tim Russert, God Bless him.

June 14, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Yes, it's so sad to see such a decent and talented man die as young as was Russert. We surely don't have any more like him.

I am certainly no fan of McCain's, and I'm trying to be objective. But it did appear to me as though McCain answered the question outright.

I am not at all a McCain fan. I may just sit this one out. I have no patience for a liar as I said and McCain didn't date His the bimbo with his wife's knowledge. I would imagine he lied over and over again. If I had an example, I'd discuss it but I haven't seen him lie to the public like Obama does. And to think. last Januray I was supporting Obama. I can't believe how stupid I was.

June 14, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home