.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

It all started when...

...I wrote an Internet article in support of legalizing marijuana. It was just one of many causes that I've crusaded over the years. Who knew that MARIJUANA would be the catalyst for a groundswell of people who want to elect me the next President of the USA?!

The article was published about a month ago and after a steady stream of emails and phone calls, I found myself a grass root favorite for the highest office in the land. We all knew that this would be an historic election, but for so many other reasons. At first I was hesitant to accept this amazing honor. But, after I considered the hypocritical view points expressed by the two major party candidates, I decided to take on the challenge and serve my country. Also, I'd LOVE to live in The White House. I'd open it up to all of you, just like they did 200 years ago. You could stop by for dinner or a cup of coffee and tell me what you think about things.

I've heard from many people who, as I do, believe that McCain isn't doing the GOP justice and Obama is disappointing the liberals as well. I am nowhere near as wishy washy as those two are so I figured...what the heck?! So, I am officially announcing my candidacy:


http://wendymilonas.com/clients/meg/meg-for-pres.html

Thank you for all of your support. I have a plan that I think might just be revolutionary. I don't think it's ever been tried before but if I'm right, this country will be on the right track well within my first term as President. It's going to sound crazy, but think about it for a while, you may just agree with me.

First of all, rather than try to kiss your ass and the ass of your brother in law who disagrees with you...both at the same time, I would ask the military what they think we need to do in order to declare victory in Iraq. I would define what victory would look like and although I'm still working on that definition, it begins with my plan to turn the Middle East into our own personal gas station. We're already there, we might as well fill up our tanks while we're in the neighborhood.

For immediate relief, I won't drop the price of gas but I will permanently take away all the taxes that the government has been placing on such dire necessities as the gas that we need to drive to work so that this nation can function on a daily basis. Have you looked out the window lately? Everything out there is there because America works. We shouldn't make it so expensive for our citizens to help us stay in business.

Welfare reform will be another huge plank in my platform. Those with jobs but still struggling will be put at the head of the list. Housing projects will be designed from the worst type of Cabrini Green tenements to beautiful ranch style houses. Those who need to live in subsidized housing will come in at the Cabrini Green level and after a one year period of keeping that apartment in decent repair, the people can move up to a better housing project. This way we can leave slobs in one place and clean people in another.

Affirmative Action will also be reformed. It seems as though it hasn't been working. Close to 50 years after it's beginning, people are still claiming that life isn't fair. So, unless someone can tell me that things are better after decades of Affirmative Action, we will stop wasting our time with it. Anyone who disagrees must answer this one question...How long SHOULD America continue to support Affirmative Action? Another 50 years? 100? 1000? You tell me.

Education will be an extremely high priority in my administration. Children will once again be encouraged to learn science and math. Grading curves will be gone. Once again, we may have to have a graduated system where the kids who WANT to learn are taught and nurtured in a manner conducive to learning and, if necessary, away from children who could care less. And competition will be re-introduced into the lives of our children. The very future of our nation depends on the way that we educate our children and encourage them to become competitive.

The government will also be re-introduced to the Constitution. Certain state powers usurped by the federal Government will be given back to the states. The military will be open to anyone who can pass the test and all who risk life and limb for this country will be granted the civil rights of any other citizen...no matter who they are. All male schools will be supported as will all girl schools. The unconstitutional income tax will be abolished in favor of higher taxes on luxury items. Companies will be forced to pay impact taxes for all of the new roads that are needed to accommodate them and their offices.

A few Executive Orders:

An immediate end to ear-marks.

Mandatory testing for teachers.

The government will immediately withdraw from the health care business so that the price of health care can come back to respectable levels. If you think it's high now, wait until someone tries to make it free!

Considering that the state of Alaska was specifically purchased so that we could take advantage of the many natural resources that the state offered, drilling for oil will begin immediately. Also, since my brother isn't the Governor of Florida, the United States will join the many other nations who are drilling for oil in the Gulf of Mexico.

All cities with more than 100,000 people will begin construction on accessible and reliable mass transportation.

Marijuana will be legalized, taxed and controlled.


Well, that's it in a nutshell. You won't hear me dissing the other candidates because I am good enough that I don't need to stoop to such low tactics. You won't see me waffling but if someone should show me an idea that is better than mine, I will tell you that I have simply changed my mind as a result of new information. I don't think that's such a bad thing to do. We all change our minds. Hell, I used to think that Obama would be the best choice for President. But, I changed my mind. I see now that I am simply the best choice because I don't owe anybody anything. I will serve as President and then, as did George Washington after his service was up, I will go home to tend to my garden. I will turn the power over to the next President and then I will keep my mouth shut and let him or her do their job.

OK. Now all I need is a campaign manager and a bunch of bumper stickers.

:):):)

This video was made by my choice for Secretary of Defense:

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1981787

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with your points and would vote for you more than likely... but your view on health care is a tad off in my reckoning... it isnt government that makes it expensive, it is profiteering.

July 10, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

At this point, yes, they are profiteering. But the prices of medical care didn't go insane until the government started paying for it. Why not charge what you want if you're sure that the government will pay for it? Then, once the government starting paying for it, insurance companies paid for it too. And now they aren't charging patients, they're charging the insurance companies and the government. All industries that the government subsidizes charge ridiulous prices, why would the medical industry be any different?

Check with any country that has free medical coverage. People either wait months for an appointment or they go to a private doctor and pay through the nose.

It was only after Johnson's Great Society that medical care became far too expensive for people to pay for. There was a time when you walked to the cashier and paid your hospital bill on the way out. You would have to be independently wealthy to pay ANY hospital bill by writing one check nowadays.

July 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home