.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I'm waiting for my morning drugs...

...to hit my brain. You'd think that the hot coffee would get the caffeine into my brain quicker but it seems to be taking a long time.

Well, I won again last night. My match was a race to 2 games for me and 4 games for my opponent. I won the first and third games. You know, I almost feel guilty when I win lately. Your handicap is based on your ranking and chicks begin the league at a 3, guys at a 4. The guy I was playing was a 5 and for some stupid reason, I'm still a 3.

I don't know how they figure this crap out but I'm much better than a 3 and it's beginning to get sort of stupid for me to just keep having that advantage. I like to win, but I like for it to be an even competition. Oh hell, I should just beat a new man every Tuesday night and enjoy it while it lasts.

I don't know how many more guys I have to beat to move up to a 4 but if I don't move up soon, I'm gonna just keep on taking advantage of it, I guess.

Anyway, that's not the only thing that I have to complain about after last night. I've mentioned this before but I'll go over it again real quick...I'm the only person on the team who has been there for the entire season. When I started on this team, I was the only woman. Now, we don't even have a man.

The first team all quit (except me of course) when the captain was caught stealing all of the dues. According to their records, I was 90 bucks behind in my dues when I had NEVER gone a week without paying. Heck, it's only 7, 9 or 10 bucks depending on where we're playing. Apparently, there was a huge altercation when the home bar found out that the dues weren't being paid. It happened on a league night but I missed it all.

Anyway, Rick, the bar owner and our team sponsor, paid the league all the money that was due. He put one of his employees in the captain position and she found a new team for us. That team was going along just fine for a few weeks when all of a sudden, every Tuesday night for 3 weeks, something terrible happened to a family member of the people on our team. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not but ever since then, there have been petty arguments between the team members and a couple of our teammates offended the other teams.

I never see all the drama, somehow I'm never paying attention to anything but the table and the current game so I miss all the childish behavior. I did see one of my teammates act like an idiot a few weeks ago in front of another team and even though I wanted to defend her, I couldn't. Her behavior was just SO bad that I couldn't do anything but throw up my hands and tell the dude to complain to the league if he needed to. I certainly understood why he was annoyed. Her behavior was quite rude. She didn't want to play in the first place and when she did, she was losing her match so she just quit. She forfeited the match and left.

The team captain picked me up because of my car lights being out (I'm gonna find out what's wrong today) and on the way to the match, she told me that there had been another argument last week over who went first. Can you believe that? There's a strategy involved in posting your players. We have the other teams rankings and that's how we decide who shoots whom. So, when the chick was told that she had to play first, she started slamming drinks and shooting poorly. I was there last week and I missed all of that drama...I just thought she was being her usual annoying self.

Anyway, the captain told me that she was going to find some more players and kick a couple others off. The chick who got mad over going first last week didn't show up last night so we had to forfeit the match even though our team won 3 matches. We have to have 5 players present to qualify for the match and if we don't have them, the people who show up still get to play but it only counts towards their own stats. You have to win 3 out of 5 matches and we did win 3...but we had to forfeit the match because we only had 4 players. That doesn't seem right to me but what do I know?

So, it looks like I'm going to end up with a 3rd group of players. The next time that I play on a team, it's going to be a team that WANTS to play.

Crap, my sister took my car last night to see what was wrong with it and now she has to pick me up so I can take her to work. She's on her way over now so I should go. Damn, damn, damn. I wanted to keep on writing. I'll pop back in soon.

Meggers

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home