.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, August 15, 2008

Oh, oh, oh....

...I remember what I was going to tell you now!

I was paying my bills the other day when I realized that for the phone, cable and internet, I was paying well over two hundred bucks a month. I happened to see an AT&T ad for something that I didn't want. But, it had the phone number to call so I called it.

I wanted to find out how much it would cost me to get all of that crap from one company instead of paying BellSouth and Comcast. I am so angry at myself for not calling years ago.

The chick with whom I spoke, a very friendly and competent lady in the AT&T sales department, put me on hold while she went to get the best deal that she could find for me. What she came back with was worth the short time I spent on hold. I'm switching to BellSouth for well under the price that I was paying either company before, much less both of them. So, for about 40% of what I have been spending, I'll get all that I have been getting.

Of course, there's always the problem that if one service goes out they all go out. But that doesn't happen often enough to worry about it. Of course, I will be really annoyed when and if it happens. But, for the time being, I'm going to enjoy what the nice lady at AT&T told me.

Not only will my bill be more than halved, I'll get $250 in various sign up things that I don't understand. And, the BellSouth internet connection comes with it's own security thingie that I won't have to pay for. Cool beans.

The lady that I spoke with was so refreshingly friendly AND competent. You rarely find those 2 attributes in one person. Consider this story.

After I spoke to the BellSouth chick, I decided to call and see to it that she receive a "commendation" or whatever they call it nowadays. Back when I worked for Illinois Bell as Directory Operator 073, customers could call us and we would give them to a supervisor who would take care of such things. We were occasionally given "commendations" for good customer service. So, I called the number that I had called to get the really smart lady.

Unfortunately, this time I got the really stupid lady. There was NOTHING that I could do to get a supervisor on the phone. I had made the mistake of telling her why I called (which I usually don't do when I call to speak to SUPERVISORS) so she continually answered me, "We have many call centers, I'm in Jacksonville Florida."

I knew my lady was in Charlotte, North Carolina. I also knew that in this amazing age of internet access, any fricking supervisor could have handled my call. I also knew that someone, somewhere in Jacksonville, had the number to the Charlotte office. But all of those "thoughts" were far outside of the stupid chick's box of thought. She's one of those morons who can't think OUTSIDE of that box. Those people are good for chimpanzee jobs like putting stickers on peanut butter jars, but they have no use in a job that requires you to handle an unexpected ground ball every so often. You can't have a moron at 3rd base and you shouldn't have one answering phones. Her only advice to me was that I should keep calling back until I was lucky enough to get somone in Charlotte to answer the phone.

If they HAVE to be on the phone, they should be far into the phone maze, they shouldn't be at any main numbers where juggling unrelated problems might be part of the job. I'm pretty sure she didn't have call-waiting. That would have been a disaster for this nit wit.

I never could get her to give me a supervisor. I asked her twice and when she kept trying to talk me out of it, I hung up on her dumb ass before I told her to quit her job and apply for disability as a stupid person. I can call back and get someone with an IQ higher than that of the pea brained airhead who works in the Jacksonville BellSouth office 9 times out of 10.

That reminds me, I have to do that.

I'll leave out the part about the moron, it wouldn't do any good anyway. She'll be promoted to the level of her total incompetency and there's nothing that I can do about it. I've long ago learned to accept stupid people without trying to think of ways to get away with murder.

But, I am getting $250 and if I had to deal with one idiot for that cash, so be it. The smart chick answered the phone when it really mattered so that's good enough.

:)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait until you get your first account, by that time your account and notes will reflect who sold you the services, I think it a great thing to call back and pass on who did a great job, pity more don't do it. kudo Megs

August 15, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I'll do that. I will be speaking to the smart chick again soon anyway, she'll be calling me Monday afternoon to check the service. I WILL get that commendation to her.

Whenever I am served by someone with a brain and a nice attittude, I always tell their supervisor.

They should be paid double the moron rate.

:)

August 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home