.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Well...

...it's another week where stupid crap happened after I left pool league this past Tuesday. I already had something to write about, actually 2 things. But right before I started to write the first post, I received a phone call from the Cobb County Police Department. A detective from the homicide department called which scared the bejeesus out of me until he explained that the unit was called Crimes Against Persons which is divided into 2 departments, and the part he is technically on is the homicide unit...but he works under the umbrella of Crimes Against Persons.

Imagine my concern! As he was telling me who he was, I was thinking, "Have I done anything wrong lately?" and "Could my son have done something stupid? and then, "OMG! Could something dreadful have happened TO my son?"

The more he spoke, the more I learned but since he hadn't really gotten to the point, my brain was working overtime trying to figure out what the hell was going on. Eventually, of course, he DID get to the point.

An arrest had been made in a case involving an acquaintance of mine. The offense occurred either late Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning. The cop couldn't say much except that, "An arrest has been made in the case." I answered his questions because my friend had given him my name and number. I was absolutely cooperative because Audrey (not her real name) is a sweetheart of a person.

I run into her occasionally when I'm out shooting pool. We always end up chatting and having a great time, even if we only speak to each other for 10 minutes. But...usually we speak much longer.

At one point Tuesday night she bought me a Buttery Nipple...a shot she knows I like to shoot. Then, when we figured out that her date was going to be my opponent, she promised me another shot if I beat him. Unfortunately, I lost my match. But it did get interesting, we did get down to a tie-breaker. But, that wasn't the deal...I had to beat him, not come close. So, I never got another Buttery Nipple which was fine with me because I didn't want to be drunk in public. I don't mind so much that it's a crime as I do the fact that it makes one look like an idiot.

I did stay and chat with Audrey, as I said, she's a sweetheart and SO much fun to be around. She's stunningly beautiful but not the least bit vain about her beauty. I love her every time I see her. She's one of those people who has it all, looks, brains, class, an easy laugh and not a bad word to say about anyone. There's not a soul on this planet who could spend 10 minutes with her and NOT love her. She's one of those types. I've always wanted to be one of those types but I'm a bitch instead. Oh well, que sera sera.

While we were chatting, the conversation turned to Mustangs and Audrey told me that she had recently purchased one. I HAD to see it. So, like normal adults, we walked out to the parking lot to look at Audrey's Mustang. We got inside so that I could see the dash and the stereo. We were chatting engine sizes and I told her about a cherry red convertible 5.0 that I almost bought. But in answer to the question, "What's the difference?", the salesman said, "This one will go from zero to 100 in no time flat."

That did it. That made up my mind. I couldn't pay an extra 5 grand for that car because I couldn't remember EVER having to go from "zero to 100 in no time flat". So I bought the 2.7 instead.

We were talking about just THAT when her date came storming out of the bar and headed straight to the car. She rolled down the window and told him exactly what we were doing ( as though a FULL GROWN woman should have to explain herself!). He said something that I didn't hear. Then he took his tiny little pecker and stomped back into the bar like a spoiled brat.

While he was doing that, she said, "We have to go back inside." We started to do just that but in the moment that we had before we both got out of the car, and well out of the angry dude's earshot, I told her that, "You don't deserve this crap. You're an adult and should be treated like a queen, not a doormat."

Then we went back inside the bar and began chatting again. The pool league was over but they still had the pool table open for the teams to play on for free.

That night, for the first time since I started on the team, we actually played the other Face's team. Faces has two teams and I thought that we were like brother and sister teams. But we aren't...we're competitors. But after the competition is over, we're just a group of people shooting pool.

At one point Audrey made reference to the fact that her date was angry. I asked her if it had anything to do with us going out into the parking lot and she answered, "Who knows?" But I think he WAS mad about just that.

I had the bum sized up pretty well after the way he behaved in the parking lot. After we came back inside, I paid attention to his behavior, he was actually pouting and ignoring his date. He might have been ignoring her because of me for all I knew. He damn sure wasn't about to be nice to her and between me, my team and the rest of the patrons of the bar, he couldn't have been an asshole in front of me. So that's why he stayed away. That's MY guess anyway.

But...she and I were having so much fun that I wasn't about to walk away. I was at my own table after all. It just happened to be next to theirs. They're those high round tables that you usually only see in bars and ours were close together. We didn't push them together, they were already like that.

I was leaving soon anyway and he was shooting pool so I just finished speaking to her and then I left. But, before I did, I told her that there was something "not good" about that guy. I told her to be very, very careful. Then, I went home and ate cold fries that I had brought home from Faces. I had tasted one of my friend's fries and they were magnificent so I had to have my own. But that night when I got back home, I was too lazy to reheat them so I nibbled on cold fries for a while and then I went to bed.

I hadn't heard a thing since then from anyone regarding anything that happened and to tell you the truth, I forgot about it completely.

Much to my embarrassment, I couldn't remember Audrey's name. And I've seen her far too many times to ask her now. So, I just keep referring to her as "Girl" and hope that someone will say her name and solve that problem. It wasn't working. When the cop called, I deduced that he meant the lady who I am now calling Audrey but to be absolutely sure, I asked him, "Is she an African-American?"

He said yes so I knew for sure. I'll NEVER forget her name now.

Anyway, as I said, he couldn't tell me much except that Audrey had given him my name and number. Luckily, I had just given it all to her along with my email address. So, the cops had no problem contacting me. I was more than happy to cooperate.

I have no idea what happened. All the cop could say was, "An arrest has been made in the case." He also said at one point that Audrey was fine but in a way that could be interpreted as "out of Intensive Care". So, now I have to call my team captain and find out what the hell is going on and what's up with Audrey.

I'll let you guys know when I find out.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I am so going to live vicariously through you!

August 14, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

That's a lot easier than speaking to cops yourself...isn't it?

:)

August 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

meg, what is in the buttery nipple shot :) from mrs att, really enjoyed!!

August 14, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I didn't know myself so I looked it up. I knew it had butterscotch schnapps, but I didn't know what the other ingredient was. I knew there were two of them because one the darker stuff floats on the clear stuff::

1 oz. Bailey's Irish Cream - (more)
1 oz. Butterscotch Schnapps - (more)

(more, more)

August 15, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home