.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, September 06, 2008

I finally got the lawn mowed...

...yesterday and today I was out there trying to do some other work in the yard when my neighbor and his dog were walking around his back yard. His dog was a little thing and apparently somewhat blind because the neighbor said that his dog "couldn't see my dog unless he was moving". My dog wasn't moving, he was in a frozen staring stance, getting ready to attack.

Luckily, he hasn't figured out that he's big enough to get over the fence. He just went nuts barking and running back and forth trying to get at the other dog. I couldn't call him off and I certainly couldn't grab him because he weighs more than I do and he's all muscle, I'm not. Leave it at that.

I finally got him to stop long enough for me to grab his collar but after a couple of minutes, he went off again. He never does that when we're walking through the Battlefield, other people walk their dogs on leashes and he doesn't do anything except smell dog butt. I don't know why he went nuts like he did, but if he makes a habit of that it'll cost him his balls because I don't have the patience for an out of control dog. He's only done it twice but those two times were the last two times we were even near another dog. Now I don't want to take him to the Battlefield wondering whether or not he's going to act like an idiot.

He's an absolutely perfect watch dog. He doesn't let anyone get near the house unannounced. He's perfectly pleasant to people that I let in the door. But he just seems to want to start a rumble with another dog.

I've always wondered what he would do to someone that was hurting me, if he protects me with as much motivation and energy as he seems to protect the backyard, I should be fine. I usually take him most anyplace that I go and I feel terrible when I have to leave him here alone.

Tomorrow I have to leave him alone all day because I'll be working on another movie and movie days are long, long days. They're almost always 10-12 hours long but they feed you!

Tyler Perry has the best food that I've had at a shoot...ever. One night when we were doing Why Did I Get Married, we had steak. I don't think I've ever had steak at a movie shoot before. But they do always have decent food.

And there's always a craft service's roach coach type thing with coffee, water and snacks on it. Most people seem too shy to eat that stuff but I'm not. I'll eat whatever they put out there.

I'm shocked that I even got this job because when I went to attach my head shot to the email, I accidentally clicked on the picture of my homicidal cousin. So, where I said, "This is me:", there's a bald dude with the word "murderer" next to it.

I felt like an idiot when I got this email from the casting guy:

"IS the murderer, the photo you meant to send???"

But, I laughed and laughed and laughed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home