.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Well I've been awake...

...for over 3 hours and I just gave up trying to fall back to sleep. I think my mistake was watching TV. I watched The Brady Bunch and Leave it to Beaver when I should have been sleeping. That woke me so awake that there was no use even trying to sleep, especially after I remembered that I went to bed before 10 last night. Knowing I got close to 5 hours sleep was good enough although I think today will be one of those days that I could use a nap. Of course, I don't take naps...even if I could use one. I can't fall asleep during the day on purpose. I can, however, drop off when I don't expect it.

Payton wanted me to get up too. I tried to pretend that I was asleep but he didn't fall for it. He stood there with his snout 3 inches from my snout and whined until I just got up. Not a loud whine, just a soft, high pitched, "Errrrrrrrr. Errrrrrrr. Errrrrrrr." He did that over and over again.

You know, I've been so busy teaching HIM words and tricks that I wasn't paying attention to him when he was trying to tell ME something. He usually has a low growl that means "No." and a sharp little bark that means "Yes." But lately I've noticed something different.

A long time ago I taught Payton to lick his jowls when I say, "Tongue!" He's known how to do that for a long time. Somehow he decided that the jowl licking thing is a better way to say "Yes." than the sharp bark he had been using. That reminds me to put the web-cam on...you never know when those nutty animals will do something cute, stupid or heroic. If he does anything, I'll try to get it for you. Yesterday he proved himself when I asked him if he wanted to go outside. I'll ask him on the camera next time.

I asked my doctor for an anti-depressant yesterday and he gave me Prozac. I believe that means that I get to croak someone. I'll have to think about that...usually life is worse for people that I don't like because they're such hideous human beings. I know Prozac takes a month to start working, I wonder how long it takes for the homicidal ideations to begin?

I missed my chance with Rick. If I were going to off his ass, I should have done it the summer he was being such an ass. He totally set up my defense for me. He MADE me go to a psychiatrist to deal with MY trust issues. That doctor gave me Prosac too. I just never took it. Then, I had to have him arrested twice for domestic violence, I had cancer and he had a girlfriend...the list goes on.

The thing that really annoys me is that even if I HAD been convicted here in Gogia, I'd be out by now for whatever I was convicted of. AND...I'd have a book deal. Now all I have is a dog and 2 cats.

Actually, now that I think of it, I should have Bobbitized him. Apparently there's NO jail time associated with that crime. Once again, book deal. Yeah, that would have been better than a 12 gauge.

OH! I have to mention something. There are 2 kinds of people in the world, those who mess with other people's zits and those who don't. I'm a don't and as far as I know, my brothers and sisters are all don'ts. At least all of them except the baby. She's asked me more than once to help her with zits that she couldn't reach and I always had some excuse or another to get myself out of it.

The other day, right before she left, she had another zit that she couldn't get to. She doesn't come out and ask, she just sort of lets you know the situation and then waits for you to offer. I refuse. Anyway, the last time I had to say something, "Who are you and what family were you raised in where picking other people's zits is acceptable? I was raised in a house where that sort of thing never came up."

Is it me? Am I being unreasonable? Somehow I've gotten through life without ever letting someone else touch my zits. If I were a chimpanzee, it'd be one thing, but I'm not. I take responsibility for all of my own skin issues.

I'd be curious as to how other people feel about that topic so, even if you do it anonymously, let me know what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home