.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Earlier this week...

...I cleaned my house well. (All except for the kitchen floor, the animals just mess it up again so I usually just sweep it.) There's a small amount of evidence that I've been living here, but I could probably clean the whole place up within an hour or so.

That's a good thing because I'm having company this weekend. Not for the entire weekend, just for a while. I'm so excited about it that I don't know what to do! Naturally I have to do that last hour of housework...but after that, I'm all a dither.

I'd bake something but I have to toss every single box, bag and bottle of food in my house. I'll keep the cans, but only after I wash them in soapy water. I think that's the only way that I'll ever get rid of the moths that have decided to live here with me.

If anyone out there knows anything else I can do about the Indianmeal moth, let me know. The only info that I can find says to throw everything away. I would think there might be something else to do after the food is all gone.

You know those fly strips that you hang from the ceiling to catch flies with? I hung one up over the sink yesterday and I have to throw it away today. Not because I caught a lot of moths, but because I nabbed a bunch of larvae. After I knocked them off the ceiling, I used the strip to pick them up with because I was just too creeped out to use tissue. They're only in the kitchen but that's bad enough.

Anyway, now the strip is moving because of all of the little fuckers that are on it. Here, look at it move, just a little bit:




It so gives me the willies. I keep thinking that there's a bug of some sort in my hair. I live in a heavily wooded area and there are spiders and giant ants and all kinds of creep crawlys. This is like my absolute worst nightmare.

And now to have them invading my home. It's just too much for me. I even asked 2 ex's yesterday. One owns a pest control company and he's never heard of worms on the ceiling. He did say that "worms" wouldn't be able to stay on the ceiling so I guess I should call them by their rightful name, moth larvae. Ick, ick, ick. The other ex was totally useless and said that I should "kill them when I see them..." Well...DUH! I wasn't going to let them run and hide in my cabinets. I don't even know why I bothered asking Rick...I guess because he was on the phone while I was thinking about them. And, OMG I've been thinking a lot about them lately!

Damn...it keeps feeling like things are in my hair! And there's too much hair to go through. Rick and I discussed that too. He always said that he preferred short hair so I pretty much kept my hair short for our entire marriage. I haven't cut it since he left and now he says that he likes me with long hair. Go figure.

That fly strip is moving more now than it did before, I guess some of them are having the fight of their lives up there. I hope they suffer. I made a deal with things under 10 pounds...if they stay outside, I won't kill them.

Once those little shits enter my adobe, game's on!!!

When I was researching those moth things, one site said to take the boxs that are full of the worms and feed it to the birds. Another site says to bury it deep in the ground. I think I'll let the City of Marietta handle those little bastards.

I wish I had one of those protective suits that the guys wore in E.T., I don't want to take the slightest chance of a bug, no matter what stage of life it's in, touching me and I have a feeling that I may very well touch at least one as I empty my kitchen of hundreds of dollars worth of food.

Damn, I wonder if those cookies I made last summer were...no, they couldn't have been. I refuse to accept that.

6 Comments:

Blogger akakarma said...

Just lurking around but I got those kind of ceiling worms once and they weren't from food but from a dried flower wreath that someone had given me! Good luck and best to you Meg!

November 15, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I have emailed you and no answer. What's up

November 17, 2008  
Blogger Uneasy Rider said...

Earlier this year, the Discovery Channel ran a series called Verminators. If they run it again, be sure to check it out. You'll dig it. I promise. And you can thank me later!

November 17, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

AKA and UR,

They are didsgusting and I am so sick of this crap. At least once an hour I go into the kitchen with the sticky fly strips and stick the larvae to them. I'm pretty sure this is food related because I've been watching the little fuckers, they're all coming from the top of my cabinet that had pasta, flour and baking stuff. Of course, I had to throw that all away and when I did, I couldn't believe what I found. It was awful. Then I removed the shelves to look between them amd the wall, another major ick.

This has pretty much done it, I have to move.

Verminators? OK, I'll visit the link and look for it, but let me tell you, I'm already freaked, I don't need anymore freaky stuff. This must be my karma for divorcing a guy who owned his own pest control business.

:(

Lori,

The ONLY people in the world who could have set me up did it. I wouldn't have been stupid enough to believe all that bullshit if I wasn't talking to people you can usually trust, family.

November 18, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Oh, please don't insult my intelligence.

November 18, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Earl and Karen Eggert
Susie and Marcy Osburne
Todd and David Metzger
The Albertsons lived in between the Osborns and Metzgers

November 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home