.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Friday, November 07, 2008

Hi there...

...I'm back again. I still have one job to complete but I sort of have to go to the store first and I'm trying to avoid that. So, I'm here dicking around on the computer. That reminds me, I have something ELSE to do that I haven't had a chance to do yet. I have no business sitting here on the computer.

When Obama said, "Yes we can!" he didn't mean that we could waste time on a blog but I do enjoy this so what the heck...I'll just do this because...I can.

Of course I should have thought of something to write about first but what the heck, a lack of a topic has never stopped me before...that's how I end up with pubic hair posts.

Oh! I know what I can tell you.

You know, I love working on movie sets, not because of the money, not because of the cute producer guy that I am determined to snag a date with one of these days and certainly not for the stars that I get to meet. Nope...I do it for craft services. That's the department that keeps the set stocked with coffee, snacks, fruit, gum, Tic Tacs, donuts, dried fruit, you name it, they have it.

They also have a machine that makes coffee, tea, espresso or latte. They have these individual packs of whatever drink you want and you stick it in the top and put your cup under it and it will shoot out hot water and make your drink.

When I went in to get an espresso, there were 3 men sitting in that room, working online and chatting. I had my back to them and I was trying to make my drink. There was only one problem...I didn't know how.

I spent a LOT of time peeling off the foil tops thinking, "Why on Earth do they make this so hard to take off?" I was rather irritated. Then, I put it in the thingie and pushed it down and pushed this button and that button and nothing happened. At that point I should have turned around and made hot chocolate. But, I didn't.

I chose to keep trying to figure that stupid machine out. After about 8 minutes I realized that I was now the elephant in the room. In that quiet place, 3 men sat there totally aware of what was happening and that I had no clue what I was doing. I wondered why they didn't offer to help but I didn't stop trying.

Finally, I did what I had been trying so hard to avoid...I asked a man for help. The first two had no clue but the third guy showed me how. The foil was hard to get off because it wasn't supposed to come off. And, even though the holes in the compact thingie matched up with the tiny pole in the machine thingie...it doesn't work upside down and that's how I had it. It is certainly a machine that needs to come with directions. I miss the days when things had words instead of pictures. I knew what "Lighter" spelled...I didn't need to see a picture of one. They've really dumbed some people down.

Anyway, that's my story for now. I spent the rest of the day sucking espresso and really good coffee. That was cool.

See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home