.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, December 15, 2008

I had an interesting weekend...

...although I spent most of it being lazy. Friday night I crawled into bed early and covered myself up with at least 4 blankets. I was looking forward to cuddling up with my dog and cats as I fell asleep watching TV. Just as I settled into the bed, the phone rang.

I answered it and some guy asked for me by name. I had no clue who it was so I played it off like this:

Him: Meg?
Me: Yes?
Him: It's me, Jeff.
Me: Hi Jeff, how are you doing tonight?

I don't know any Jeff (not his real name of course) but just in case it was another one of those things that my stupid head forgot, I thought that I should act as if I did. We chatted briefly before I heard him say, "You cross your 7's like I do!" (He was referring to the way my phone number was written.) I knew exactly what he meant and I do NOT do that so it made me start wondering who this dude was. Then, he called me by my maiden name instead of my legal name so I really started to become intrigued.

All sorts of thing were going through my head, even the possibility that some nit wit was going around using my name and giving my number out to guys that she didn't want to give her own number to.

We tried to figure it out for a while but he was SURE that he had gotten my number from me and that I was a chick he had "picked up" a couple of weeks ago. He mentioned the place that my old roommate worked and I told him that although I've driven there to pick her up, I've never been inside of the place. We eventually gave up that discussion and started talking about ourselves. And then he told me why he was finally calling me...he needed a date for a Christmas party Saturday night.

The party was church related and he seemed like a nice guy so I decided to go with him. He came by and got me Saturday night and we had a great time.

Then, Jess, my old roommate, came by last night to get more of her stuff. I told her what happened. She asked if his last name was **** and I said that it was. That's when she told me how he ended up with my number. I haven't spoken to him since but when I do, I'll have to pick on him a bit.

Anyway, yesterday afternoon I was trying to take a short nap on my couch when Jess called to say she would be stopping by. I said that was fine and I collapsed back onto my couch. Just as I did, the phone rang again and it was Confusing Dude. I told him that I was going to finish my nap and that I would call him back.

Then, as I laid back down on the couch I thought to myself, "Are you nuts?" I got right up and called him back immediately. He wanted to know if I wanted to go out for dinner. Of course I said that I wanted to go out with him so we did. After dinner he came over and we watched a few episodes of South Park. There was one episode that I wanted him to see because I knew he would get a kick out of it. So, we watched that one first.

I knew he would like it and I was right, he was laughing so hard he couldn't stop. I like it when people laugh that hard, don't you? It's rather contagious.

Today I've decided not to try to analyze that guy. Maybe tomorrow I'll feel differently, but for now, I'm good.

By the way, in case you didn't pick up on it, I went out with 2 guys over the weekend and BOTH of them were perfect gentlemen. I do believe that's a record.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg, that was a risky thing to do, going out on a date with someone you'd never met!!!!For all you know, he could have been your killer....but he wasn't, thank goodness and sigh!

December 15, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Yeah, I certainly did think about that. But I was pretty sure that Jess had given him my number. It was more of a networking thing than a date. (He does work in the publishing industry.)

Anyway, I like to live life on the edge.

:)

December 15, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Oh, by the way, I'm going to limit myself to Confusing Dude for a while. If he keeps being as sweet as he's been lately, he's all I need.

:):):)

December 15, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home