.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, December 08, 2008

I've been downsizing...

...as much as I can so that I'll be able to move without having to worry as much. I have no clue when I would be moving but I am determined to do just that. This 3 bedroom house and huge yard is just too much. It's too much in rent, it's too much to maintain and it's too much house for one tiny little lady. So, whenever I am in a position to move into a smaller place with no lawn care, it'll be easier for me to pick up and move if I get rid of extraneous heavy crap.

Of course moving is never easy, but I don't even want to try it with my huge fish tanks. If I'm trying for a one bedroom, I don't need more than one bed either. If I had my druthers, I'druther have two twin beds than one queen size. I'd like to do my room in a Brady Bunch girl's room sort of motif.

When I was a kid, no one told me that I could do whatever I wanted to do as long as I wanted it badly enough so I never knew that I could have built a Brady-like house. I might have had a tough time finding that Brady Bunch orange kitchen stuff but I would have fun trying. You know what? I just decided that my apartment, wherever it is and whenever I get there, will be done in total retro. I wonder if they still make avocado green refrigerators? Or shag carpeting...hmm. I bet they do.

I digested again.

In my efforts to downsize, both of my fish tanks left over the weekend. Now I have 2 huge dirty spots that I couldn't get to as long as the aquariums were on the cabinets. Now even the wall is funky. I'll have to get my feather duster and take care of that...and the floor...and I'll have to do it soon. I'm having a guest for dinner. I've spoken of him before, he's the one who I've been seeing every so often for years and he's never really made a move on me. I have no idea what to expect tonight.

But, I've decided that I am no longer in the mood to wonder. I'm going to take matters into my own hands tonight. I'll let you know how that turns out.

I'm going to the store today to get the stuff to make dinner with. I'd like to bar-b-que, I don't care if it is 3 degrees. With all the layers of clothes that I put on, I could easily handle an outside grill. I could pretty much cook everything with the grill. The only problem is that with most men, you're taking a chance with the vegetables...you don't want to serve a guy his own version of brussels sprouts and I don't know what this guy likes...or hates. I could grill one each of a few things, like zucchini, peppers and tomatoes...but I should probably have a can of corn ready just in case. I can toss potatoes down in the coals so other than rolls, I could do it all outside. It'd be good practice in case I'm ever homeless.

And then, I could take a little saucepan, put some water and cinnamon in it and then simmer it. (I don't know why people BUY cinnamon smelling stuff when you can just simmer the cinnamon. If you wanted to you could have the whole house smelling like oregano...but I just use spices that you would put in pumpkin pie.) The combination of rolls and cinnamon should put him in a romantic mood. That's what I heard anyway. Men are supposed to be turned on by the smell of cinnamon rolls. I'm gonna pump up the cinnamon tonight, I assure you!

But before I even GET to the cinnamon, I have to clean up my weekend mess including the hideous dust bunnies from hell that were under my aquarium cabinets, solve my vegetable dilemma, go to the grocery store and then I have to primp. That doesn't take me so long except for my hair. It's long enough that I have options, but none of them are easy except the pony tail and tonight is not a pony tail night. Or is it? Hell, I could wear a pony...but I'd have to curl my hair...a plain old pony tail won't do. Or...I could curl it and then clip it up. Damn, I have a date tonight and this hair thing might screw me.

Oh well. I might as well get started with all this stuff. I hate having someone knock on my door while I'm still doing my hair. Yesterday, 20 minutes before the guy came by to get the salt water tank, I walked into a piece of hanging fly paper and I almost had to cut it out of my hair. I finally got if off of my head but not without leaving a bunch of fly paper sticky crap in the hair on top of my head. I had to wash that stuff out before anyone saw it and before it captured anymore of my hair. I washed the top of my head and even conditioned the top of my head really fast so when the guy got there, I opened the door with the top of my head all wet. I chose not to offer an explanation and just let him wonder.

CRAP!!! I just walked across the kitchen and stepped in a puddle of water that Payton left when he drank from the bowl. I have 3 pairs of socks on and a pair of fuzzy footies on my feet. Now I have to change them all. It wouldn't be so bad except this is the second time that I've done it today. So far, I've been through 6 pairs of socks and 2 footies today. I have GOT to put some shoes on.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg, when did your son move out? Just noticed that I have missed a major bit of information here. Goes to show how long I haven't been reading.
Where will you put your visitors when you downsize? Where will the grandkids stay?

December 12, 2008  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

If you remember my cyber stalker, you were reading when I stopped discussing my kids. I might mention them in passing but I'm not going to go any further than that, you can thank the lunatic from Ohio for that.

If I do have visitors, they can stay on the couch. Another nice thing about one bedroom apartments is there isn't room for too many visitors. My grandkids sleep with me when they stay over so nothing would change there. The other day I let them take all the toys they wanted to take home. Their mother took all of the clothes that would fit them and all of the video games in the house. I never played them and they've been here for so long that whatever kid of mine wants his video games is SOL...my grandchildren and their mother are playing with it all now.

:)

December 12, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home