.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

I never did find out when...

...I broke my hip. The docs saw a small fracture but they said that it looked like it had been there for a while. Then, over the past two weeks, the pain in my hip has gotten worse so I went into the docs office one day last week and he drained some fluid from my hip joint. It appears as though the problem has been an infection in my hip the whole time. If I would have let them, they would have operated and if they did, they would have cut into an infected joint. God knows what could have happened then.

Anyway, they put me on some broad-spectrum antibiotics so with any luck at all, this should be a distant memory soon. Then, I'll be able to go find Payton a back pack and put him to work. He's easy to teach except when it comes to fetching. He has never grabbed something with his mouth to give to me. He won't even go get the leash and bring it to me although he does stand in front of me staring at the door. He let me put a flannel shirt on him, a back pack shouldn't be tough. I just want to make sure it's big enough.

They say that a dog should be able to tote one third of his own weight. So, he can start carrying 35 pounds of stuff in his back pack. If I can do it, I'm sure that he can. But I'm also sure that someone will think I'm cruel. I've had people complain that I left him in the car too long. When that dog gets in a car, he knows that waiting in it for a couple of hours is an option. He would rather come with me and wait in a parking lot then wait alone at home. He's been coming with me ever since I got him. I leave the windows open and he has NEVER jumped out of the car.

One guy told me that I should "let the poor dog pee". Well, he wasn't peeing, he was marking territory and if I had let him, he would have marked every single tree we passed. And that day I WAS carrying at least 30 pounds in one arm and trying to walk a very large dog with the other. I wouldn't have lasted long enough to let him mark territory all the way home. People can be so stupid.

So, even though Boxer's are working dogs, someone will be offended if I were to put my dog to work. I don't care. He's happy and if it hurt him, I wouldn't force it on him.

Crap, I have to make a phone call...I'll be back before EOB!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home