.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

I woke up on my couch, wondering...

..."What time is it?"

Ordinarily it's dark outside when I wake up so I was confused when I saw that it was light out. I had been up for an hour before I remembered WHY I slept so long. I spent the night in the hospital.

Yesterday I noticed several faces around my couch and they were mostly speaking to me. I wasn't quite trusting of the faces, as a matter of fact, they scared the hell out of me. I didn't recognize ANY of them. They were asking simple enough questions but for some reason, I couldn't answer any of them. So, I just stared at them. I don't know why but I did.

Then a familiar face came into the mix. I couldn't put a name to that face either. But they seemed to want to take me with them and I couldn't really argue with them so I went.

By the time I got to the hospital, I knew why we were going, I'd just had a grand mal seizure while at the computer. I don't remember anything from the seizure, nor do I remember what happened right before it started. Actually, yesterday is a bit of a fog.

While I was in the hospital, they gave me some IV sedation because I ran out of xanax and it was the weekend so I couldn't get it filled until Monday. The doc (Dr. John Knox...a very, very kind and decent man, not to mention an excellent doc. I've seen him many times but as funkified as I looked, he didn't recognize me.) said that you can get seizures if you suddenly stop taking xanax. I didn't think it would do any harm over the weekend.

So, as I finally remembered this morning, yesterday wasn't a great day for me. I remember being wobbly on my feet which was probably from the meds he gave me. He put some ativan in an IV to get it into my bloodstream as quickly as possible. Then, he gave me another presciption for xanax.

And then, I must have gone to bed because when I woke up this afternoon, I couldn't believe how late it was. There's only one problem...I don't know what I did with those prescriptions the doctor gave me. I'm sure they're around here somewhere.

I'm afraid of my brain.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meg, this seems so surreal. Who was with you when this happened? Who called 911?

Hope you feel better fast. How is the job interview going?

June 02, 2009  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Yep, it was very surreal! I still can't believe that it happened. It makes you realize how easily you could have some hideous stroke or some other event that will put you in a home for good. There but for the grace of God...


June 03, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home