.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, July 20, 2009

If you paid really, really close attention, you might wonder like I do

"Freedom, Democracy, Equality AND Liberty!!!"

Now, those are 4 good things, aren't they? If I had nothing to say and I wanted to tell you all about it, I would probably start with pretty words like freedom and democracy. I think I would use "love", "Walt Disney" and "emergency responders", if I were trying to raise cash. No matter how many times I watch this interview, I can't figure out what this guy is all about except, of course, for "Freedom, democracy, equality and liberty:

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html?maven_referralObject=7075615&maven_referralPlaylistId=&sRevUrl=http://www.foxnews.com/

WHY is Scott Peterson's family asking you for cash? That's an easy one. They know that there are some unbelievably stupid people out there and for some reason, California has a disproportionately high number of indigenous idiots. Of course, they only need one moron with too much money to hire a stellar appeal team for their charmingly homicidal son...and they do live in the heart of Imbecile Central on the corner of Buffoon Road and Bonehead Avenue...so I don't blame them for trying. I'd do it if I could come up with a good sob story or the ability to commit extortion but as it stands today, I have neither one.

Why do newspapers let you call yourself a SWM of BBBW in personal ads while disallowing you to do so in an ad for a roommate?

White Christian men are TRULY the last people against whom society can safely discriminate. When people of color were always portrayed to be buffoons, many became justifiably offended. Why is it less offensive that white men have been the butt of the jokes in every family sit com since All in the Family? We even have an entire network devoted to demonizing white men. Could Lifetime exist if it consistently demonized black women? I don't know how they exist without Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart and the Marcus Welby dude.

The news channels are there 24/7 to report every little mistake, misstep and mishap that happens around them but they never mention their own screw ups. How many different numbers have YOU heard regarding the children of slain husband and wife, Byrd and Melanie Billings? It almost takes effort to get that little tidbit wrong so many times. What else do they routinely get wrong? And should we trust THEM to decide which news items are worthy of fact-checking?

Um...are we supposed to think that the same person is behind the voice of Elmo? Didn't we not learn anything from that new Barney Rubble?

Who the hell is "superstar" Phil Vassar?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home