.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Maybe I lose my car keys...

...three times a day, but I can back out of a circular driveway faster than the EMT's who picked up Michael Jackson...especially with a dying person in the back. And after all these years, I still have to read the McDonald's menu every time I go but I'm not stupid enough to fall for that insane Cap and Trade bill the House just passed. And I'm certainly not the most religiously astute person you'll ever meet but I'm quite sure that there's something seriously wrong with that nutty first couple from South Carolina who keep using scripture to justify their lame decision making ability.

Some things just bug me more than others. Oh, I have to mention one thing that's really been bothering me. That nurse of Michael Jackson's who keeps telling the world confidential things that occurred between her and Michael is doing the entire profession a disservice. How many people will avoid talking to health care professionals because they're afraid of being outed on national TV? We'll never know but it sucks that she won't shut the hell up and remember that we are HONOR bound to keep private what happens between a nurse and a patient. Anyway, that's it for that. No more Michael Jackson crap right now.

I woke up a little while ago, looked out the window and noticed that it seemed a bit brighter than late night so I got up and made some coffee thinking it was 6 AM. After a couple of cups of coffee and the realization that the sky wasn't getting any brighter, I realized that I had woken up at 2:30 AM. Now it's a few minutes to 4 and I'm wide awake with nothing to do. I suppose I could clean something but the fact that it's not even 4 AM sort of implies that a more laid back activity is called for. Hence, I'm here.

I don't really have anything to say but I'm not in the mood to sweep the floor so you're getting this drivel, sorry.

Let's see...what's new? Oh, my back is peeling. The last time I went sailing I SPF'ed most of me but apparently I forgot my upper back and I wore a tank top with spaghetti straps so I was asking for this. To make it worse I had my hair in braids so most of my back was exposed. The braids might not have been the best idea, I heard a muffled "Pippi Longstocking" from some drunk chick who misjudged her own decibel level. I could have smacked her in the head but I was sober so I let it go. Anyway, I could really use a back scratching dude right now. This itching is torture...I would think it would work better than hideous heavy metal music and water-boarding. The CIA should have just tossed Noriega out in the Georgia sun for a while. I assure you, within a week he would have been pleading for the aloe and giving up his own family. I believe I would if I thought it would help.

Yesterday I did something that I promised myself I'd never do again. I rode a motorcycle. I put one down about 22 years ago and suffered a nasty case of roadburn. That's when I swore off of those things but the closer I get to death, the less I care about it. On top of that, when you get older you have more chances of dying doing whatever it is you're doing so it's a good idea to do cool stuff and avoid dumb stuff. I'd rather have my obit read that I croaked in a motorcycle wreck than something stupid like a broken neck from falling at Bingo.

Well, that's a pleasant thought, isn't it? I think it's time to stop being lazy in the dining room and try being lazy in the living room for a while. I'm reading a book that I haven't picked up in a couple of days so I think I'll do that. Although it isn't very sexy, there's nothing wrong with having a stroke while reading a good book as long as you get close to the end so I need to hurry up and get back to the book before my brain explodes.

See ya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home