.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, June 22, 2009

OK...

...it's been well over 24 hours since the incident that I mentioned in the last post. I have now officially reported this crime to 3 cops. The last one told me that I should call the original officer who started the report. This, after I said, quite plainly...three times, that "there might still be evidence that can be collected". Maybe it's me, but are cops getting thicker as their muscles get bigger?

About an hour ago I was on my couch watching the news when I noticed a cop peeking in my window. I told him to go around back and I would go out the back door which he did. He asked to see a friend of mine who was sleeping. Supposedly he had a ticket for her and he needed to drop it off. I asked him if there was anything more going on that I should know and he said, "Nope."

I went and got the chick and the cops arrested her for her traffic hijinx right there on the spot. That's for a judge to figure out but since I had a few cops at my house, I thought I'd mention the previous day's events and see what he had to contribute.

At first I was hesitant to speak to him because I've heard three cops lie in the past day. But, as time passes, more and more bruises pop up and more of me is sore. So, I gave it another chance and after I explained my hesitancy about being lied to, he officer had this sage advice, "The reason the officer did that is so you didn't tell her that we were here and have her bolt out the back door." I love it. More defending of their brother cops.

And, as I told him then, "OK, I'll give all the cops a mulligan. At the end of the day, there could be evidence that could be obtained." He wanted the know, "So, what exactly happened? You're telling me that a cop was a jerk. What do you want me to do?" So, I had to spell it out to him.

I said, "There's a chunk of Saturday night that I don't remember. What I do remember was being dragged out of a car, coming to in the street and ever since then bruises have been popping up all over my body and I have no clue how they got there. I can't even show you all of the bruises but here's the ones on my arms (see below). Clumps of hair came out of my head yesterday morning and I don't know why. I'll take care of myself, you're the cop and I'm reporting a crime. I'm trying to be very efficient with my words, I'm not emotional, I haven't been drinking and there's no one here telling you that I had sex. There's no reason for me to deserve these injuries. You take it from here. If you want this guy in your neighborhood, then never mind."

That's when he gave me the great advice to wait until tonight and see if the guys who took the original report would come back since they started the file. That almost sounds reasonable until you consider the fact that evidence that might be here now is likely going to be gone by tonight.

I've told this story to three cops in Marietta, Georgia and so far, not one of them has seen fit to treat me like a victim. I asked the last one to at least consider me a witness. But, for one reason or another, not one of the three has seen fit to take me seriously. BUT...every single one of them has defended the actions of the other cops as though instinct compelled them to do so. It's nice to know that our cops are a tight-knit group. But what good is that if all they do when you report a crime is explain the asshole actions of other cops?

This is almost getting funny. I would think that within a few days I'll see the humor in it all. But, for right now, the entire right side of my chest hurts when I inhale. My dog is seemingly the only male in Marietta who consistently acts more like a gentleman than all of the other testosterone induced shitheads combined.

My friend may have broken the law, I don't know, I wasn't there. But it's interesting how the cops showed up only after I posted the last post. I have a feeling that the cops in this town aren't going to be done until they've arrested anyone who is in this house for one thing or another. Of course, in the meantime, there's someone who DOES know what happened to me Sunday morning and not one cop has asked him what that could be. That is apparently because, "If two people are drinking, we could arrest either one of you for drunk in public." I understand that. What I don't understand is why drunk in public is a concern but drunk while driving a car is NOT. After that idiot got away with DUI, I shouldn't have expected the cops to be worried about me. But, I'd rather not get arrested for being the victim of a crime that I don't fully understand and I seriously see that as an option.

8 Comments:

Blogger Meg Kelso said...

Did I mention that my father is an attorney and my son just graduated from Mercer Law School? I didn't tell the cops. I'm sure they would have found something to arrest me for. They don't call Cobb County Count On Being Busted for nothing.

June 22, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like your drink had the date rape drug GHB. If you have a picture of this loser please post it.

June 22, 2009  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

I wish I did. I do know his name...Mike Mallon. He lives here in Marietta.

June 22, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Sounds like this LOSER slipped a "Mickey" in your drink. report him, and have your blood tested.

June 22, 2009  
Blogger Meg Kelso said...

That's what I tried to do today. I'll tell you about that in the morning.

:(

June 22, 2009  
Blogger Anne Arky said...

Good lord, Meg! I wish I could tell you that upchannelling this would help, but I upchanneled my stalker concerns all the way to the GBI and the governor and every elected official from the dog catcher on up, and it didn't get me much action. That was a year ago in April, and the silly bitch did call me one more time, but so far that's all. Considering that she is so random with her calls -- once every three years and then suddenly five calls in a couple of weeks -- I don't credit her absence to the efficiency of the local constabulary, but rather she must be on her meds for the moment. The minute it occurs to her to put a nickel in her nutsy jukebox and start playing my song again, I'll be hearing from her, and once again I will get nothing for my trouble. I suspect you will get the same. It's a damned shame, but that's the way it is. I would, however, consider pressing charges against this asshole. It does sound like you got slipped a date-rape mickey.

Now admit it -- haven't I served as a proper warning about staying way from guys named Mike????

June 22, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You gave the cops 3 chances and thats two chances to many. Send me his address.

Buddy

June 23, 2009  
Blogger Tailored tutoring said...

I would honestly tell you to go & speak to a judge directly. However, don't go crying or acting like a victim but rather like someone that simply wants justice. It is very clear that the cops have (& always will) each other's best interest and they are unwilling to do anything to get each other in trouble. So, talk to a judge (DA preferably) and go in there with pictures, with your bruises in tact & with names/times of the incidents (when it happened & when you called them when you were at home.)

June 24, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home