.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Hi. I'm trying to think of another description to put here. Any ideas? I'll try again at 420.

Monday, July 06, 2009

Runaway dog


I'm annoyed...

...but I'm going to try to be as pleasant as I can. Granted, that's not terribly pleasant but I'll give it a go anyway. I have too many irritants to list but trust me, I'm doing the best I can to avoid committing violence. Thank God for xanax.

There's a sweet little female dog named Sophie who is the Houdini of all dogs. Her owner can't keep her in his yard because she gets away no matter what he does. She visits me on a regular basis and she's been here since yesterday. I tried letting her run home but she just ran into two streets (I live on a corner) and brought traffic to a screeching halt. She used to have his phone number written on her collar so I would just call him to come and get her but the number has worn off so I can't do that this time. Yesterday I tried putting a leash on her and walking wherever she took me, assuming she would head home. Maybe she WAS heading home but after a mile and a half, I just gave up and brought her back home with me.

I really like that dog so I enjoy her little visits but she hasn't been fixed and neither has my male dog. I don't want to be related to the guy so I have to keep an eye on the two of them. The owner is a nice guy but I don't want anymore relatives. Relatives have caused me more grief than friends ever could. As I was walking her back to my house, I realized that my dog couldn't knock her up because someone beat him to the punch. Oh well, it's not my problem unless she decides to deliver her puppies in my bedroom.

I have her tied up to my kitchen table because my doors are open for a breeze. My AC is still broken although I can sit in my room and be cool. Of course, I can't use the computer in there so occasionally I have to wander out into the tropical areas of my house. Looking around it appears as though I need to do some housework although I'd really rather have a maid like Hazel who wouldn't let it get messy in the first place. But, alas, I couldn't afford to rent a maid for a day so I guess the idea of having a maid full time is pure folly.

I never did check to see if I won the lottery after I bought those last Mega Million tickets so for all I know I'm mega-rich. I would check the numbers if I could find the damn ticket but I can't seem to do that. Apparently, I've done what I do with most of my things, I put it in a very safe place. I'll find it, just not this month. Thank God the car and the computer are too big to hide from myself.

I have a menagerie of animals all around me right now and they wouldn't all be so close to me if they weren't hungry so I guess I'll feed them. They outnumber me big time and my dog alone outweighs me so feeding them would be the wise thing to do. I guess I'll go do that while they're all relatively calm. I won't be gone very long because I'm sure that something will annoy me soon and I'll probably come here to vent.

See ya soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home